Coronavirus: Islington Council publishes directory of businesses still operating legally during Covid-19 lockdown
- Credit: Archant
Islington Council has compiled a directory of businesses that are still operating in the borough during the coronavirus crisis.
The directory – an interactive map of the borough – points people towards restaurants, chemists, food banks, grocery shops and other independent firms.
All businesses listed on the map are operating safely and have been approved by the council’s environmental health team.
This means that they have appropriately adapted their practices in order to meet social distancing guidelines.
Islington’s business chief Cllr Asima Shaikh said: “We want to do everything we can to help them through this challenging period.
You may also want to watch:
“This informative, easy-to-use directory helps residents to support local businesses and to access the quality services and products that they offer.”
If you are a local business owner who wishes to be on the directory or are a resident who knows of a business that should be on it, then contact email@example.com
Join our Facebook group for the latest coronavirus discussion. Click here for a directory of agencies helping people during the pandemic.
- 1 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 2 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 5 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 6 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 7 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 10 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter