Coronavirus: Three people test positive in Islington – as UK death toll rises to 35
- Credit: PA
UPDATE: Islington now has four cases of Covid-19, click here for the latest.
Click here for the latest coronavirus updates from across north London.Three people have tested positive for Covid-19 in Islington as of 9am yesterday, according to Public Health England.
This is an increase of two cases since Friday – the total in Camden is 19, while there are nine sufferers in Haringey, and 11 in Hackney and City of London.
As of 9am this morning, the Department of Health and Social Care said 40,279 people in the UK have been tested for the new strain of coronavirus, with 1,372 positive cases and 35 deaths.
Health secretary Matt Hancock today said people aged over 70 will be asked in the coming weeks to self-isolate for up to four months, in order to protect them from the virus.
He said coronavirus is “a very significant challenge” that will “disrupt the lives of almost everybody” in the UK.
You may also want to watch:
PM Boris Johnson this week said people should stay at home for seven days if they have a high temperature or a new continuous cough.
For NHS guidance on dealing with the virus, see here.
Join our coronavirus updates Facebook group for the latest news from across north London.Have you tested positive for coronavirus? Are you suffering from symptoms associated with the virus? Contact Lucas at the Gazette newsdesk on Lucas.Cumiskey@archant.co.uk
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 8 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 9 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing