Council's super chief job must be advertised
I READ the story about the idea of Islington and Camden sharing the chief executive (Gazette, September 16). I remember writing to the paper many months ago about the idea and I think that this idea is not born out of the evolution of politics but carved
I READ the story about the idea of Islington and Camden sharing the chief executive (Gazette, September 16).
I remember writing to the paper many months ago about the idea and I think that this idea is not born out of the evolution of politics but carved from the economic reality that faces Islington and everywhere else.
It is a good idea to shed as much management as is possible as the management costs really impact the delivery of services due to their costs.
However, if the new post of super chief is to be created, then the post must be advertised and not done behind closed doors. The new post should attract no more than what they currently pay chief executives.
You may also want to watch:
Also I see that there are still people demonstrating dissatisfaction about the loss of Islington's hanging baskets, so here's a suggestion: the new chief could bring 40 jobs into Islington, that would generate �40,000 in Council Tax and, hey presto, the flowers could bloom again. Or perhaps get some company to sponsor the baskets - after all there are plenty of companies generating huge sums of capital from Islington.
- M.G. McElligott, Amwell Street, EC1.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault