‘Cows’ to take on ‘pigs’ in Freightliners Farm fun run
- Credit: Archant
Runners are invited to don cow and pig costumes for Freightliners City Farm’s second fun race on Sunday, March 13.
People taking part are asked to raise as much as they can, with a target of £100. The farm hopes to raise £20,000 to feed and house the cows, pigs and other rare breed animals.
The registration fee is £15 per person, for which you get to keep your animal suit. Or, if you are already a part of the herd and can re-use your suit from last year, it’s just £5 to enter.
The race, starts at Freightliners Farm in Sheringham Road – an eight-minute walk from Caledonian Road or Highbury and Islington stations and the route is 5km around Islington, taking in some of the official droving routes from the old cattle market.
The race finishes in Paradise Park, which adjoins Freightliners City Farm.
You may also want to watch:
The race will be limited to 100 cows and 100 pigs, with prizes for the best dressed and best fundraisers.
To join Team Cow or Team Pig, pay and reserve your place in one go visit cowvspig.co.uk
- 1 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 2 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 3 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 4 Tributes paid to founder of Islington's Museum of Funeral History
- 5 Joe Montemurro says he expects Vivianne Miedema to stay at Arsenal
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 8 Primary school allowed to keep floodlights despite complaints
- 9 'Risk of thunderstorms' in north London ahead of May 17 lockdown easing
- 10 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections