‘Cows’ to take on ‘pigs’ in Freightliners Farm fun run
- Credit: Archant
Runners are invited to don cow and pig costumes for Freightliners City Farm’s second fun race on Sunday, March 13.
People taking part are asked to raise as much as they can, with a target of £100. The farm hopes to raise £20,000 to feed and house the cows, pigs and other rare breed animals.
The registration fee is £15 per person, for which you get to keep your animal suit. Or, if you are already a part of the herd and can re-use your suit from last year, it’s just £5 to enter.
The race, starts at Freightliners Farm in Sheringham Road – an eight-minute walk from Caledonian Road or Highbury and Islington stations and the route is 5km around Islington, taking in some of the official droving routes from the old cattle market.
The race finishes in Paradise Park, which adjoins Freightliners City Farm.
You may also want to watch:
The race will be limited to 100 cows and 100 pigs, with prizes for the best dressed and best fundraisers.
To join Team Cow or Team Pig, pay and reserve your place in one go visit cowvspig.co.uk
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 5 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 6 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 7 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid
- 8 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 9 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week
- 10 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans