£1,390 fine for man who racially abused Finsbury Park station staff member
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A 57-year-old man must pay £1,390 after racially abusing a member of staff at Finsbury Park station.
Grant Stimpson, of Tollington Park, Finsbury Park, was told to leave the Underground using its one-way system on February 2.
He became abusive, poking the staff member in the chest, swearing and using racial slurs.
Stimpson was found guilty of racially aggravated common assault after a trial at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court last Monday.
He was ordered to pay £100 in compensation to his victim, plus an extra £1,290 in court costs.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Miguel Orjales, of British Transport Police, said today: “Simply put, aggression and racial abuse has no place on our transport network.
“If you are abusive to staff, we will proactively investigate the incident, arrest and charge you. You will face the consequences of your actions.”
- 1 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street forces Moorfields Eye Hospital to close
- 2 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 3 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 4 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 5 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 6 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 7 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
- 8 Controversial plan to sell alcohol in Finsbury Park dropped
- 9 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 10 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?