£1,390 fine for man who racially abused Finsbury Park station staff member
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A 57-year-old man must pay £1,390 after racially abusing a member of staff at Finsbury Park station.
Grant Stimpson, of Tollington Park, Finsbury Park, was told to leave the Underground using its one-way system on February 2.
He became abusive, poking the staff member in the chest, swearing and using racial slurs.
Stimpson was found guilty of racially aggravated common assault after a trial at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court last Monday.
He was ordered to pay £100 in compensation to his victim, plus an extra £1,290 in court costs.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Miguel Orjales, of British Transport Police, said today: “Simply put, aggression and racial abuse has no place on our transport network.
“If you are abusive to staff, we will proactively investigate the incident, arrest and charge you. You will face the consequences of your actions.”
- 1 Seventh man charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 2 Low Traffic Islington coalition launched to support council's LTN roll-out
- 3 Open spaces, LTNs, vouchers, vaccinations and neonatal care
- 4 'Real disappointment' over uptake of Covid vaccine among care home staff
- 5 Plans to chop down 70-year-old Islington mulberry tree paused
- 6 WATCH: Air ambulance called to Islington flat fire
- 7 Three strikes and you're out: Jail term for drug dealer
- 8 'This is the end of my political career': Richard Watts stands down
- 9 Over-65s vaccinations begin in England as centre reports lack of patients
- 10 Police force entry to alleged Islington 'house party' amid pandemic