£1,390 fine for man who racially abused Finsbury Park station staff member
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A 57-year-old man must pay £1,390 after racially abusing a member of staff at Finsbury Park station.
Grant Stimpson, of Tollington Park, Finsbury Park, was told to leave the Underground using its one-way system on February 2.
He became abusive, poking the staff member in the chest, swearing and using racial slurs.
Stimpson was found guilty of racially aggravated common assault after a trial at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court last Monday.
He was ordered to pay £100 in compensation to his victim, plus an extra £1,290 in court costs.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Miguel Orjales, of British Transport Police, said today: “Simply put, aggression and racial abuse has no place on our transport network.
“If you are abusive to staff, we will proactively investigate the incident, arrest and charge you. You will face the consequences of your actions.”
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 4 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 5 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 6 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 7 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 8 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week