£1,390 fine for man who racially abused Finsbury Park station staff member
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A 57-year-old man must pay £1,390 after racially abusing a member of staff at Finsbury Park station.
Grant Stimpson, of Tollington Park, Finsbury Park, was told to leave the Underground using its one-way system on February 2.
He became abusive, poking the staff member in the chest, swearing and using racial slurs.
Stimpson was found guilty of racially aggravated common assault after a trial at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court last Monday.
He was ordered to pay £100 in compensation to his victim, plus an extra £1,290 in court costs.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Miguel Orjales, of British Transport Police, said today: “Simply put, aggression and racial abuse has no place on our transport network.
“If you are abusive to staff, we will proactively investigate the incident, arrest and charge you. You will face the consequences of your actions.”
- 1 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 2 Archway stabbing: 16-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder
- 3 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 4 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 5 Barnsbury homes evacuated after burst Thames Water pipe floods basements
- 6 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 7 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Angel Comedy Club launches mockumentary series to save venue
- 10 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student