£1,390 fine for man who racially abused Finsbury Park station staff member
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A 57-year-old man must pay £1,390 after racially abusing a member of staff at Finsbury Park station.
Grant Stimpson, of Tollington Park, Finsbury Park, was told to leave the Underground using its one-way system on February 2.
He became abusive, poking the staff member in the chest, swearing and using racial slurs.
Stimpson was found guilty of racially aggravated common assault after a trial at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court last Monday.
He was ordered to pay £100 in compensation to his victim, plus an extra £1,290 in court costs.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Miguel Orjales, of British Transport Police, said today: “Simply put, aggression and racial abuse has no place on our transport network.
“If you are abusive to staff, we will proactively investigate the incident, arrest and charge you. You will face the consequences of your actions.”
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Run Kids Run: Huge fun run raises £40,000 for Islington primary schools
- 3 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 4 'Help! I found a lizard in my luggage after my holiday'
- 5 'We're angry': London councillors demand Met tackles violence to women
- 6 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 7 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 8 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 9 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 10 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years