18 pedestrians shot across Islington in paintball gun spree
- Credit: Archant
Police this morning launched an appeal for information after a motorist fired paintball shots at pedestrians in the backstreets of Islington.
The man, described as white and aged in his 40s, was driving a white Mercedes 350GLE on false number plates. So far, 18 people, both men and women, have called police saying they suffered bruising.
The first incident took place at about 9pm on Friday, August 5 in Camden Road. The suspect continued his spree as he drove through Archway, the backstreets of Holloway, Prebend Street in Islington, Clerkenwell and Canonbury.
The last reported assaults took place at about 11pm, close to St Paul’s Road. It is believed that the suspect may have been in the company of one or more people who were driving a red Ford Focus.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det Cons Alex Simmons on 020 7421 0262 or via 101.
You may also want to watch:
Were you shot? Call James Morris on 020 7433 0121 or email email@example.com
- 1 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- 4 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 5 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 6 Housing, LTN, Living Wage, child exploitation and charity shops
- 7 Walk with a map
- 8 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 9 Four teenagers deny murdering 17-year-old Anas Mezenner
- 10 Can you help identify this man?