18 pedestrians shot across Islington in paintball gun spree
- Credit: Archant
Police this morning launched an appeal for information after a motorist fired paintball shots at pedestrians in the backstreets of Islington.
The man, described as white and aged in his 40s, was driving a white Mercedes 350GLE on false number plates. So far, 18 people, both men and women, have called police saying they suffered bruising.
The first incident took place at about 9pm on Friday, August 5 in Camden Road. The suspect continued his spree as he drove through Archway, the backstreets of Holloway, Prebend Street in Islington, Clerkenwell and Canonbury.
The last reported assaults took place at about 11pm, close to St Paul’s Road. It is believed that the suspect may have been in the company of one or more people who were driving a red Ford Focus.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det Cons Alex Simmons on 020 7421 0262 or via 101.
You may also want to watch:
Were you shot? Call James Morris on 020 7433 0121 or email email@example.com
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years