18 pedestrians shot across Islington in paintball gun spree
- Credit: Archant
Police this morning launched an appeal for information after a motorist fired paintball shots at pedestrians in the backstreets of Islington.
The man, described as white and aged in his 40s, was driving a white Mercedes 350GLE on false number plates. So far, 18 people, both men and women, have called police saying they suffered bruising.
The first incident took place at about 9pm on Friday, August 5 in Camden Road. The suspect continued his spree as he drove through Archway, the backstreets of Holloway, Prebend Street in Islington, Clerkenwell and Canonbury.
The last reported assaults took place at about 11pm, close to St Paul’s Road. It is believed that the suspect may have been in the company of one or more people who were driving a red Ford Focus.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det Cons Alex Simmons on 020 7421 0262 or via 101.
Were you shot? Call James Morris on 020 7433 0121 or email email@example.com
- 1 'We've still not had Christmas cards': Royal Mail apologises as post backlog hits Islington
- 2 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 3 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 4 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 5 Knifeman was out on bail when he nearly killed father-of-three on school run
- 6 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 7 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 8 Ironmonger Row Baths have reopened for these activities
- 9 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
- 10 How many alcohol-related fires were there in your borough last year?