�1million cannabis haul seized in Islington
A haul of cannabis weighing 270 kg and with a street value of more than �1million was seized on Monday (January 9).
Cops swooped on an underground car-park in Crondall street, Hoxton, at around 3pm following calls from members of the public.
In a nearby lock up they found a large amount of cannabis resin and herbal cannabis wrapped in cling film in five large laundry holders, two holdalls and several shopping bags.
More cannabis resin was found in a vehicle at the scene.
Officers also found a set of scales and a heat wrap machine.
You may also want to watch:
A 31-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of supplying drugs and remains in custody.
Det Insp Rhys Willis, from Operation Bantam, said: “These drugs were clearly being stored to be divided up and sold on and this is a good seizure for Hackney police that has taken a substantial quantity of illegal substances off the streets.”
- 1 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 2 Letter: 'Highbury Corner is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 3 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 4 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 5 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 9 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 10 Guilty: MP Claudia Webbe harassed her partner's female friend, magistrate rules