�1million cannabis haul seized in Islington
A haul of cannabis weighing 270 kg and with a street value of more than �1million was seized on Monday (January 9).
Cops swooped on an underground car-park in Crondall street, Hoxton, at around 3pm following calls from members of the public.
In a nearby lock up they found a large amount of cannabis resin and herbal cannabis wrapped in cling film in five large laundry holders, two holdalls and several shopping bags.
More cannabis resin was found in a vehicle at the scene.
Officers also found a set of scales and a heat wrap machine.
You may also want to watch:
A 31-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of supplying drugs and remains in custody.
Det Insp Rhys Willis, from Operation Bantam, said: “These drugs were clearly being stored to be divided up and sold on and this is a good seizure for Hackney police that has taken a substantial quantity of illegal substances off the streets.”
- 1 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 2 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- 3 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 4 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 5 Four teenagers deny murdering 17-year-old Anas Mezenner
- 6 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 7 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 8 Thornhill School's 'dream' library opens after parents' 'relentless' fundraising efforts
- 9 Can you help identify this man?
- 10 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub