�1million cannabis haul seized in Islington
A haul of cannabis weighing 270 kg and with a street value of more than �1million was seized on Monday (January 9).
Cops swooped on an underground car-park in Crondall street, Hoxton, at around 3pm following calls from members of the public.
In a nearby lock up they found a large amount of cannabis resin and herbal cannabis wrapped in cling film in five large laundry holders, two holdalls and several shopping bags.
More cannabis resin was found in a vehicle at the scene.
Officers also found a set of scales and a heat wrap machine.
You may also want to watch:
A 31-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of supplying drugs and remains in custody.
Det Insp Rhys Willis, from Operation Bantam, said: “These drugs were clearly being stored to be divided up and sold on and this is a good seizure for Hackney police that has taken a substantial quantity of illegal substances off the streets.”
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 5 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 6 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 7 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 8 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 9 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 10 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?