�1million cannabis haul seized in Islington
A haul of cannabis weighing 270 kg and with a street value of more than �1million was seized on Monday (January 9).
Cops swooped on an underground car-park in Crondall street, Hoxton, at around 3pm following calls from members of the public.
In a nearby lock up they found a large amount of cannabis resin and herbal cannabis wrapped in cling film in five large laundry holders, two holdalls and several shopping bags.
More cannabis resin was found in a vehicle at the scene.
Officers also found a set of scales and a heat wrap machine.
You may also want to watch:
A 31-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of supplying drugs and remains in custody.
Det Insp Rhys Willis, from Operation Bantam, said: “These drugs were clearly being stored to be divided up and sold on and this is a good seizure for Hackney police that has taken a substantial quantity of illegal substances off the streets.”
- 1 Archway stabbing: 16-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder
- 2 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 3 Barnsbury homes evacuated after burst Thames Water pipe floods basements
- 4 Non-symptomatic Covid-19 test sites open in Islington
- 5 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 6 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 7 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 8 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 9 Man sentenced for spitting in former Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn's face
- 10 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student