�20,000 on offer to help find killer
Detectives investigating the murder of an Islington father are offering a �20,000 reward for information.
Ricky Smith, a 25-year-old father of two, died after he was stabbed in Hamilton Road, Highbury Park, on October 3, 1997.
Fresh DNA evidence after a police review 14 years later linked the killing to a knife attack on Juan Marais in Harlesden earlier on the same evening.
Police have made the cash available for information which leads to the killer’s arrest.
Ricky, a floor fitter, died at Whittington Hospital from the stab wound to the chest.Juan, then 21, made a full recovery after being wounded in the chest and abdomen.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is described as a tall black man aged between 18 to 30.
n Anyone with information should call Hendon police on 020 8358 0100 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 2 Archway stabbing: 16-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder
- 3 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 4 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 5 Barnsbury homes evacuated after burst Thames Water pipe floods basements
- 6 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 7 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Angel Comedy Club launches mockumentary series to save venue
- 10 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student