�20,000 on offer to help find killer
Detectives investigating the murder of an Islington father are offering a �20,000 reward for information.
Ricky Smith, a 25-year-old father of two, died after he was stabbed in Hamilton Road, Highbury Park, on October 3, 1997.
Fresh DNA evidence after a police review 14 years later linked the killing to a knife attack on Juan Marais in Harlesden earlier on the same evening.
Police have made the cash available for information which leads to the killer’s arrest.
Ricky, a floor fitter, died at Whittington Hospital from the stab wound to the chest.Juan, then 21, made a full recovery after being wounded in the chest and abdomen.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is described as a tall black man aged between 18 to 30.
n Anyone with information should call Hendon police on 020 8358 0100 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 5 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 6 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 7 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 8 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 9 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 10 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?