�20,000 on offer to help find killer
Detectives investigating the murder of an Islington father are offering a �20,000 reward for information.
Ricky Smith, a 25-year-old father of two, died after he was stabbed in Hamilton Road, Highbury Park, on October 3, 1997.
Fresh DNA evidence after a police review 14 years later linked the killing to a knife attack on Juan Marais in Harlesden earlier on the same evening.
Police have made the cash available for information which leads to the killer’s arrest.
Ricky, a floor fitter, died at Whittington Hospital from the stab wound to the chest.Juan, then 21, made a full recovery after being wounded in the chest and abdomen.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is described as a tall black man aged between 18 to 30.
n Anyone with information should call Hendon police on 020 8358 0100 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 2 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- 3 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 4 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 5 Four teenagers deny murdering 17-year-old Anas Mezenner
- 6 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 7 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 8 Thornhill School's 'dream' library opens after parents' 'relentless' fundraising efforts
- 9 Can you help identify this man?
- 10 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub