86-year-old man knocked over and robbed in Islington
Teenage thugs stole shopping from an 86-year-old man after he was knocked to the floor.
Police say three boys began teasing the victim in Rotherfield Street, Islington, on Monday June 13 at 1.30pm.
One of the group barged into the pensioner causing him to fall.
The gang then stole his shopping which was in a Marks and Spencer’s reusable bag and ran off into Essex Road.
Investigating Officer Detective Constable Shane Jenkinson said: “It is appalling that three able bodied young men saw fit to push and rob an elderly man. Thankfully, the victim was not seriously injured, but he was very shaken up. I urge anyone who can help with this enquiry to call me in confidence.”
You may also want to watch:
The suspects were aged between 15 and 19.
Anyone with information should contact police on 020 7421 0366 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- 4 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 5 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 6 Housing, LTN, Living Wage, child exploitation and charity shops
- 7 Walk with a map
- 8 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 9 Four teenagers deny murdering 17-year-old Anas Mezenner
- 10 Can you help identify this man?