86-year-old man knocked over and robbed in Islington
Teenage thugs stole shopping from an 86-year-old man after he was knocked to the floor.
Police say three boys began teasing the victim in Rotherfield Street, Islington, on Monday June 13 at 1.30pm.
One of the group barged into the pensioner causing him to fall.
The gang then stole his shopping which was in a Marks and Spencer’s reusable bag and ran off into Essex Road.
Investigating Officer Detective Constable Shane Jenkinson said: “It is appalling that three able bodied young men saw fit to push and rob an elderly man. Thankfully, the victim was not seriously injured, but he was very shaken up. I urge anyone who can help with this enquiry to call me in confidence.”
You may also want to watch:
The suspects were aged between 15 and 19.
Anyone with information should contact police on 020 7421 0366 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 2 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 6 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 7 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 8 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 9 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 10 Families of WW2 veterans join Jeremy Corbyn in presenting plaque