Aarron McKoy murder in Clerkenwell: Man charged with shooting on New Year’s Day
A second man has been charged with the murder of Aarron McKoy in Clerkenwell on New Year’s Day.
Jack Nichols, 20, from Wickford in Essex, will appear in custody at Thames Magistrates’ Court charged with murder and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life.
Mr McKoy, from Hackney, was killed in the early hours of January 1 after celebrating his 22nd birthday.
He was gunned down in Portpool Lane, Clerkenwell.
A post-mortem examination gave the cause of death as a gunshot wound to the chest.
You may also want to watch:
Police say Mr McKoy had been at the Clerkenwell House Wine Bar in Hatton Wall in the hours before he was killed.
Yesterday afternoon officers arrested a sixth person in connection with the investigation.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 8 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 9 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
A 21-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder after attending an east London police station. He remains there in custody.
Previously two people have been charged in connection with the investigation.
Dean Smith, aged 25, from Hackney, is remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on April 13 charged with the murder of Mr McKoy and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life.
Kieron Caesar, 23, is remanded in custody to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on March 22 charged with GBH on a 24-year-old man in Clerkenwell on January 1.