Alan Cartwright murder investigation: Teen due in court today
- Credit: Archant
Suspect, 18, set for Old Bailey appearance charged with killing
A teenager is set to appear at the Old bailey today charged with the murder of 15-year-old Alan Cartwright.
Joshua Williams, 18, of Davenant Road, Upper Holloway, is also charged with conspiracy to rob following Alan’s fatal stabbing in Caledonian Road, Islington, on February 27.
The youngster managed to continue cycling a short distance after the callous attack but soon collapsed and was pronounced dead at the scene.
A post-mortem examination found that Alan died from a single stab wound to the chest.
Three others have been arrested in connection with his death.
An 18-year-old man arrested on March 5 has been released on police bail to return on a date in late April pending further enquiries.
- 1 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 2 Hit Brighton food hall operator to open Upper Street venue
- 3 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 4 Old Bailey: Pair enter pleas over Alex Smith murder
- 5 Man charged after staff assault at Barking Asda
- 6 Guilty: 4 teenagers admit 27 offences after series of 19 robberies
- 7 Siblings open community-oriented park coffee hut
- 8 Homes under the Planner: Schemes submitted or approved in Islington in June
- 9 Karate champion helps children to build confidence through martial arts
- 10 Man charged with 1974 murder of woman found in Highbury
Meanwhile a 21-year-old man and a boy, 17, arrested on March 4 have also been bailed to return to a London police station in April.
Alan’s mother and sister described the Army cadet and Celtic and Arsenal fan as a “joker” who loved bikes and never caused any trouble.
Fighting back tears during an appeal on Tuesday, Alan’s mother, Michelle Watson, 39, said: “He always made you laugh about anything and everything. He was just the funny one out of his friends.
“I feel angry, I want somebody found for this. I just feel numb.”