Alan Cartwright murder investigation: Teen due in court today
- Credit: Archant
Suspect, 18, set for Old Bailey appearance charged with killing
A teenager is set to appear at the Old bailey today charged with the murder of 15-year-old Alan Cartwright.
Joshua Williams, 18, of Davenant Road, Upper Holloway, is also charged with conspiracy to rob following Alan’s fatal stabbing in Caledonian Road, Islington, on February 27.
The youngster managed to continue cycling a short distance after the callous attack but soon collapsed and was pronounced dead at the scene.
A post-mortem examination found that Alan died from a single stab wound to the chest.
You may also want to watch:
Three others have been arrested in connection with his death.
An 18-year-old man arrested on March 5 has been released on police bail to return on a date in late April pending further enquiries.
- 1 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 2 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 3 Arsenal fan's search for every Highbury Stadium match since 1940s
- 4 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 5 Highbury woman launches pen pal initiative to fight lockdown loneliness
- 6 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown
- 7 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 8 Designated Covid care setting celebrates intervention on insurance issues
- 9 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 10 Two 17-year-olds charged after alleged knifepoint robbery in Highgate
Meanwhile a 21-year-old man and a boy, 17, arrested on March 4 have also been bailed to return to a London police station in April.
Alan’s mother and sister described the Army cadet and Celtic and Arsenal fan as a “joker” who loved bikes and never caused any trouble.
Fighting back tears during an appeal on Tuesday, Alan’s mother, Michelle Watson, 39, said: “He always made you laugh about anything and everything. He was just the funny one out of his friends.
“I feel angry, I want somebody found for this. I just feel numb.”