Alan Cartwright murder investigation: Third man arrested
- Credit: Archant
Detectives swoop on Camden home and arrest 21-year-old
A third arrest has been made by detectives investigating the death of 15-year-old Alan Cartwright.
The 21-year-old was arrested on suspicion of murder this morning at a home in Camden. He is in custody at a central London police station.
Alan, 15, was knifed while cycling along Caledonian Road, with friends at about 7pm on Friday.
He managed to continue cycling a short distance after the callous attack but soon collapsed and was pronounced dead at the scene later.
You may also want to watch:
In the early hours of this morning an 18-year-old man was arrested, then later a 17-year-old boy at an address in Camden.
Both were arrested on suspicion of murder and remain in custody.
- 1 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown
- 2 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 5 Highbury woman launches pen pal initiative to fight lockdown loneliness
- 6 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 7 Islington charity choir smashes fundraising target with help from Brian Eno
- 8 Islington writers among the winners of 2021 awards
- 9 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 10 Islington dancer recounts apartheid struggles in new book
Enquiries by Homicide and Major Crime Command detectives continue.