Alan Cartwright murder investigation: Third man arrested
- Credit: Archant
Detectives swoop on Camden home and arrest 21-year-old
A third arrest has been made by detectives investigating the death of 15-year-old Alan Cartwright.
The 21-year-old was arrested on suspicion of murder this morning at a home in Camden. He is in custody at a central London police station.
Alan, 15, was knifed while cycling along Caledonian Road, with friends at about 7pm on Friday.
He managed to continue cycling a short distance after the callous attack but soon collapsed and was pronounced dead at the scene later.
You may also want to watch:
In the early hours of this morning an 18-year-old man was arrested, then later a 17-year-old boy at an address in Camden.
Both were arrested on suspicion of murder and remain in custody.
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 3 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 4 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 5 Former Islington BC Slavisa Gegic fighter visits his old club
- 6 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 7 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 8 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 9 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 10 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
Enquiries by Homicide and Major Crime Command detectives continue.