Alexander Sloley: Mother’s appeal 10 years after City and Islington College student disappeared
- Credit: police
The mother of a City and Islington College student who vanished 10 years ago has spoken of her immeasurable loss and claimed cops should have acted sooner when he was reported missing.
Alexander Sloley disappeared while travelling home from a friend’s house in Enfield on August 4 2008. He was 16-years-old.
The cops have made multiple appeals over the past 10 years but it remains unclear what happened to the accountancy student. And his family are still waiting for answers. Alexander’s mother, Nerissa Tivy, told the Gazette: “Time has flown past but 10 years seems like yesterday. That’s 10 years of not having my son around me. I’ve never seen him have a girlfriend. I’ve never seen him go to work. I’ve lost out to all those things as a mum.”
Alexander had no wallet, little money and wasn’t carrying spare clothes when he mysteriously disappeared, which indicates he didn’t plan to run away.
Nerissa added: “It wasn’t until two years later the police contacted me. So had they done the things they’re doing now in the beginning then we would have probably found Alex by now.”
You may also want to watch:
Nerissa previously criticised the police investigation in 2015, when she claimed the police had 10 reported sightings of her son on file, dating back to 2009.
Anyone with information should call the Islington police missing person unit on 020 7421 0185 or Missing People on 116000.
- 1 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 2 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 3 Thornhill School's 'dream' library opens after parents' 'relentless' fundraising efforts
- 4 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 5 Campaigners debate future of Holloway Women's Building with Peabody Trust
- 6 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 7 Drugs and cash seized in multi-force police op
- 8 Bunhill by-election set to go-ahead following Claudia Webbe's resignation
- 9 Can you help identify this man?
- 10 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub