Andover Estate murder July 8 update - nine arrested
Police have arrested nine suspects in connection with the killing of a 21-year-old in Holloway.
Andrew Jaipaul died after being repeatedly knifed in an attack by a group of up to 20 men on the Andover Estate, off Hornsey Road, on Sunday June 26.
Police have now detained three men and six boys, one aged 24, one aged 23, one aged 19, three aged 17, one aged 16, one aged 14 and one aged 13. All but two of the suspects have now been bailed to return in August.
A 17-year-old and a 14-year-old arrested today (July 8) remain in custody at a North London police station.
Mr Jaipaul, who died at the scene, lived on nearby Birnam Road, which backs on to the estate. A post-mortem examination gave the cause of death as multiple stab wounds.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information regarding the incident is asked to call police on 020 8345 1570 or Crimestoppers anonymously 0800 555111.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'Gooner legend' who died of Covid 'caught at Euros final'
- 2 Appeal for information after boy, 15, stabbed in back
- 3 Upper Street coffee shop to start selling "quality" wine despite noise objections
- 4 Second man charged with murder of Taylor Cox in Islington
- 5 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 6 Letters on Low Traffic Neighbourhoods
- 7 In pictures: Pond-dipping, singing and mindfulness at Gillespie Park fun day
- 8 Britannia Leisure Centre and the changing face of Shoreditch Park
- 9 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 10 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington