Andover Estate murder July 8 update - nine arrested
Police have arrested nine suspects in connection with the killing of a 21-year-old in Holloway.
Andrew Jaipaul died after being repeatedly knifed in an attack by a group of up to 20 men on the Andover Estate, off Hornsey Road, on Sunday June 26.
Police have now detained three men and six boys, one aged 24, one aged 23, one aged 19, three aged 17, one aged 16, one aged 14 and one aged 13. All but two of the suspects have now been bailed to return in August.
A 17-year-old and a 14-year-old arrested today (July 8) remain in custody at a North London police station.
Mr Jaipaul, who died at the scene, lived on nearby Birnam Road, which backs on to the estate. A post-mortem examination gave the cause of death as multiple stab wounds.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information regarding the incident is asked to call police on 020 8345 1570 or Crimestoppers anonymously 0800 555111.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Man left partially blind after Islington robbery
- 6 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 7 Royal Mail 'working hard' but Islington residents report ongoing delays
- 8 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 9 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
- 10 Islington and Camden charity connects generations with winter project