Another boy arrested on suspicion of Alan Cartwight’s murder
- Credit: Archant
Teen was arrested in Portsmouth this morning
A 17-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of the murder of Islington teenager Alan Cartwright.
The teenager was arrested in Portsmouth this morning and will be transefered to an east London police station.
Two people have already been charged in relation to the murder of Alan, 15, who was stabbed while cycling up Caledonian Road with friends on February 27.
Joshua Williams, 18 of Davenant Road, Upper Holloway pleaded not guilty to charges of murder and conspiracy to rob via video link from Belmarsh prison at the Old Bailey on June 12.
Shaquill Roberts, also 18, from Northumberland Park, Tottenham, pleaded not guilty to one count of conspiracy to rob at same court on the same date.
They will go on trial at the same court on September 1.
- 1 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 2 Cannabis sweets: the drugs danger that put 17 north London schoolgirls in hospital
- 3 Beloved father choked to death on cauliflower after Highgate Care Home 'neglect'
- 4 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
- 5 Boy, 13, arrested after teenager stabbed in Canonbury
- 6 Stoke Newington: Pret 'sorry' after staff tell indy café 'we'll steal your customers'
- 7 Pirates: Reggie Yates film shot in Angel gets release
- 8 Islington shisha smuggler sentenced for £230,000 tax fraud
- 9 Jailed: 7 north London offenders put behind bars in April
- 10 Jailed: 'Brazen' cannabis sweet dealers sentenced
Officers from the Homicide and Major Crime Command continue to investigate.