Another boy arrested on suspicion of Alan Cartwight’s murder
- Credit: Archant
Teen was arrested in Portsmouth this morning
A 17-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of the murder of Islington teenager Alan Cartwright.
The teenager was arrested in Portsmouth this morning and will be transefered to an east London police station.
Two people have already been charged in relation to the murder of Alan, 15, who was stabbed while cycling up Caledonian Road with friends on February 27.
Joshua Williams, 18 of Davenant Road, Upper Holloway pleaded not guilty to charges of murder and conspiracy to rob via video link from Belmarsh prison at the Old Bailey on June 12.
You may also want to watch:
Shaquill Roberts, also 18, from Northumberland Park, Tottenham, pleaded not guilty to one count of conspiracy to rob at same court on the same date.
They will go on trial at the same court on September 1.
- 1 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 2 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 3 Thornhill School's 'dream' library opens after parents' 'relentless' fundraising efforts
- 4 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 5 Islington arts groups get £6.6m government Covid boost
- 6 Campaigners debate future of Holloway Women's Building with Peabody Trust
- 7 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 8 Drugs and cash seized in multi-force police op
- 9 Bunhill by-election set to go-ahead following Claudia Webbe's resignation
- 10 Can you help identify this man?
Officers from the Homicide and Major Crime Command continue to investigate.