Another boy arrested on suspicion of Alan Cartwight’s murder
- Credit: Archant
Teen was arrested in Portsmouth this morning
A 17-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of the murder of Islington teenager Alan Cartwright.
The teenager was arrested in Portsmouth this morning and will be transefered to an east London police station.
Two people have already been charged in relation to the murder of Alan, 15, who was stabbed while cycling up Caledonian Road with friends on February 27.
Joshua Williams, 18 of Davenant Road, Upper Holloway pleaded not guilty to charges of murder and conspiracy to rob via video link from Belmarsh prison at the Old Bailey on June 12.
You may also want to watch:
Shaquill Roberts, also 18, from Northumberland Park, Tottenham, pleaded not guilty to one count of conspiracy to rob at same court on the same date.
They will go on trial at the same court on September 1.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Islington signs deal to secure homes for Afghan refugees
- 3 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 4 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 5 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 7 Highbury church St Joan of Arc marks Covid-delayed centenary
- 8 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 9 Essex Road Sainsbury's closed for deep cleaning after rats filmed crawling over croissants
- 10 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
Officers from the Homicide and Major Crime Command continue to investigate.