Archway paedophile Nathan Rutland jailed for 11 years – police say he has more victims
- Credit: Archant
A paedophile who groomed and assaulted a young girl at his Archway home has been jailed for 11 years – and police believe he has more victims.
Nathan Rutland, 37, boasted to the 13-year-old that she was the youngest child he had ever had sex with.
He had begun messaging her in April through Spotafriend – an app for teenagers to make friends.
He then requested they speak over Snapchat before meeting her at his home in Ruskin Court, Charles Street, and paying her £100 for sex.
The victim’s mother discovered what was happening and told police who arrested him in May.
He pleaded guilty to three counts of sexual assault by penetration with a child, sexual grooming of a child, inciting a child into sexual activity and five counts of breaching a sexual harm prevention order.
Det Insp Mark Rogers, of the Met’s child abuse unit, said: “Rutland is a sexual predator who preyed on a vulnerable, young child who he groomed online for his own sexual gratification.
- 1 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 2 Husband granted right to use late wife's embryo for surrogacy
- 3 Man charged with 1974 murder of woman found in Highbury
- 4 'White lives matter' graffiti removed in Archway after two months
- 5 CCTV: Woman sexually assaulted at Highbury & Islington station
- 6 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 7 Actors present prizes at Islington Education Awards 2022
- 8 Islington scammers jailed after preying on elderly victims
- 9 Guilty: 4 teenagers admit 27 offences after series of 19 robberies
- 10 TfL worker launches petition to reinstate Finsbury Park to Edgware railway
“He was fully aware of the victim’s age before exploiting her and even boasted to her that she was the youngest child he had ever had sex with.
“I believe there are further victims of Rutland out there and I would like to encourage them to come forward and report it to police, where you will be fully supported.”
Rutland will stay on the sex offenders register and have a sexual harm prevention order against him for the rest of his life.
If you have been a victim of sexual assault of any nature, or are concerned about a child being at risk of child sexual exploitation, call police on 101.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.