Archway paedophile Nathan Rutland jailed for 11 years – police say he has more victims
- Credit: Archant
A paedophile who groomed and assaulted a young girl at his Archway home has been jailed for 11 years – and police believe he has more victims.
Nathan Rutland, 37, boasted to the 13-year-old that she was the youngest child he had ever had sex with.
He had begun messaging her in April through Spotafriend – an app for teenagers to make friends.
He then requested they speak over Snapchat before meeting her at his home in Ruskin Court, Charles Street, and paying her £100 for sex.
The victim’s mother discovered what was happening and told police who arrested him in May.
He pleaded guilty to three counts of sexual assault by penetration with a child, sexual grooming of a child, inciting a child into sexual activity and five counts of breaching a sexual harm prevention order.
Det Insp Mark Rogers, of the Met’s child abuse unit, said: “Rutland is a sexual predator who preyed on a vulnerable, young child who he groomed online for his own sexual gratification.
- 1 Disqualified driver jailed after hit-and-run involving Islington schoolgirl
- 2 Plan to extend popular Gooners pub with shops and flats
- 3 Shell casings found after Islington gun reports
- 4 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 5 Artisan coffee house opens in Angel Central following £16m refurbishment
- 6 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 7 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 8 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 9 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 10 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
“He was fully aware of the victim’s age before exploiting her and even boasted to her that she was the youngest child he had ever had sex with.
“I believe there are further victims of Rutland out there and I would like to encourage them to come forward and report it to police, where you will be fully supported.”
Rutland will stay on the sex offenders register and have a sexual harm prevention order against him for the rest of his life.
If you have been a victim of sexual assault of any nature, or are concerned about a child being at risk of child sexual exploitation, call police on 101.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.