Archway woman bottled girl after telling her she looked like a Made in Chelsea star
- Credit: PA WIRE
An Archway woman who smashed a bottle over the head of a girl - after telling her she looked like she was from reality TV show Made in Chelsea - must pay her victim £1,500.
Cleopatra Walmsley, 20, of Stanley Terrace, was also given a two-year suspended sentence at Blackfriars Crown Court on Monday, after she pleased guilty to causing grievous bodily harm on a train in Vauxhall tube station.
On October 17 last year, Walmsley ran off after bottling the girl as the train pulled into the station. The victim suffered a fractured cheek bone and cuts to her face.
Investigating officer PC Gina Denyan-Watkins said: “This was a brazen attack that all stemmed from Walmsley making fun of the victim, asking if she was from Made in Chelsea and implying that the victim thought she was better than her.
“Violence will absolutely not be tolerated and so we are pleased that Walmsley has been brought to justice and pleaded guilty at the first opportune moment.”
Steve Burton, TfL’s director of Eenforcement and on-street operations, said: “This result demonstrates we will not tolerate any act of violence on our network.
“Very few people ever experience or witness crime on the underground, and we want to reassure and let our passengers know that we work closely with the transport police to rid this kind of behaviour from the network.”
- 1 Layout of new LTN around Upper Street revealed
- 2 CCTV: Footage of man sought by officers investigating sexual assault
- 3 Islington's Tory councillor calls for LTNs to be scrapped
- 4 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 5 Reclaim the Night: Women demand end to gendered violence in north London
- 6 Islington school praised for celebrating 'difference and diversity'
- 7 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 8 Safety measure or danger? Two weeks to decide Liverpool Road cycleway fate
- 9 Remembering London's teenage homicide victims in 2021
- 10 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road