Armed police called to reports of gunman in Islington
- Credit: Archant
Woman said to have been assaulted at same address - man arrested
Armed police were called to reports of man wielding a gun on Sunday.
The specialist team raced to a home in Halton Road, Islington, at about 1.40pm after a suspect was said to be carrying a firearm - a woman was reportedly assaulted at the same address.
A 26-year-old man was arrested and taken to a north London police station.
After searching the address, police say no firearms were found and no one had been injured.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect was cautioned for possession of cannabis.
A Scotland Yard spokesman said: “Armed police attended an address in Halton Road following an allegation that a man at the address was in possession of a firearm and that a woman at the address had been assaulted.
- 1 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 2 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 3 Thornhill School's 'dream' library opens after parents' 'relentless' fundraising efforts
- 4 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 5 Campaigners debate future of Holloway Women's Building with Peabody Trust
- 6 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 7 Islington arts groups get £6.6m government Covid boost
- 8 Drugs and cash seized in multi-force police op
- 9 Bunhill by-election set to go-ahead following Claudia Webbe's resignation
- 10 Can you help identify this man?
“A 26-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm, assault and possession of drugs and taken into custody at a north London police station.
“There were no reports of any persons injured.
“A search of the address was carried out but no firearm, or evidence of a firearm, was found.
“The 26-year-old man arrested was subsequently cautioned for possession of a Class B drug.
“He was released no further action in relation to the other offences.”