Armed police called to reports of gunman in Islington
- Credit: Archant
Woman said to have been assaulted at same address - man arrested
Armed police were called to reports of man wielding a gun on Sunday.
The specialist team raced to a home in Halton Road, Islington, at about 1.40pm after a suspect was said to be carrying a firearm - a woman was reportedly assaulted at the same address.
A 26-year-old man was arrested and taken to a north London police station.
After searching the address, police say no firearms were found and no one had been injured.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect was cautioned for possession of cannabis.
A Scotland Yard spokesman said: “Armed police attended an address in Halton Road following an allegation that a man at the address was in possession of a firearm and that a woman at the address had been assaulted.
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 5 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 6 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 7 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 8 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 9 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
“A 26-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm, assault and possession of drugs and taken into custody at a north London police station.
“There were no reports of any persons injured.
“A search of the address was carried out but no firearm, or evidence of a firearm, was found.
“The 26-year-old man arrested was subsequently cautioned for possession of a Class B drug.
“He was released no further action in relation to the other offences.”