Armed police called to reports of gunman in Islington
- Credit: Archant
Woman said to have been assaulted at same address - man arrested
Armed police were called to reports of man wielding a gun on Sunday.
The specialist team raced to a home in Halton Road, Islington, at about 1.40pm after a suspect was said to be carrying a firearm - a woman was reportedly assaulted at the same address.
A 26-year-old man was arrested and taken to a north London police station.
After searching the address, police say no firearms were found and no one had been injured.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect was cautioned for possession of cannabis.
A Scotland Yard spokesman said: “Armed police attended an address in Halton Road following an allegation that a man at the address was in possession of a firearm and that a woman at the address had been assaulted.
- 1 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 2 Archway stabbing: 16-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder
- 3 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 4 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 5 Barnsbury homes evacuated after burst Thames Water pipe floods basements
- 6 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 7 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Angel Comedy Club launches mockumentary series to save venue
- 10 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
“A 26-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm, assault and possession of drugs and taken into custody at a north London police station.
“There were no reports of any persons injured.
“A search of the address was carried out but no firearm, or evidence of a firearm, was found.
“The 26-year-old man arrested was subsequently cautioned for possession of a Class B drug.
“He was released no further action in relation to the other offences.”