Armed robbers given eight year prison terms for Islington bookmaker raids
Armed robbers who targeted the same Islington betting shop repeatedly, terrifying its cashiers, have been jailed.
John Crick, 37, and Jason Chin, 40, both of no fixed abode, robbed bookmakers, stealing �2,000 in a violent 12-month spree from November 2010. Four robberies were at Corals in Southgate Road, Islington, with the rest in Hackney.
Wearing balaclavas, one of the men would intimidate staff with a concealed weapon, forcing them to hand over cash while the other held open the door.
Flying Squad detectives discovered Chin was responsible and already serving a four-year prison sentence for robbery from May 19 last year. A search of his address uncovered a distinctive black fur-lined hooded jacket worn during the raid.
There were eight offences in total. Crick comitted the final three on his own, including two in Southgate Road, before being arrested.
You may also want to watch:
Chin and Crick both pleaded guilty and were sentenced to eight years in prison for the string of robberies on May 31.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 3 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 4 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 5 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 6 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 7 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 8 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
- 9 Guilty: MP Claudia Webbe harassed her partner's female friend, magistrate rules
- 10 Essex Road Sainsbury's closed for deep cleaning after rats filmed crawling over croissants