Armed robbers given eight year prison terms for Islington bookmaker raids
Armed robbers who targeted the same Islington betting shop repeatedly, terrifying its cashiers, have been jailed.
John Crick, 37, and Jason Chin, 40, both of no fixed abode, robbed bookmakers, stealing �2,000 in a violent 12-month spree from November 2010. Four robberies were at Corals in Southgate Road, Islington, with the rest in Hackney.
Wearing balaclavas, one of the men would intimidate staff with a concealed weapon, forcing them to hand over cash while the other held open the door.
Flying Squad detectives discovered Chin was responsible and already serving a four-year prison sentence for robbery from May 19 last year. A search of his address uncovered a distinctive black fur-lined hooded jacket worn during the raid.
There were eight offences in total. Crick comitted the final three on his own, including two in Southgate Road, before being arrested.
You may also want to watch:
Chin and Crick both pleaded guilty and were sentenced to eight years in prison for the string of robberies on May 31.
- 1 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street forces Moorfields Eye Hospital to close
- 2 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 3 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 4 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 5 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 6 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 7 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
- 8 Controversial plan to sell alcohol in Finsbury Park dropped
- 9 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 10 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?