Arrest made in mystery Archway murder investigation
A man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a patient admitted to the Whittington Hospital with mysterious injuries died at the hospital.
Police believe Alexander Stewart, of Henfield Close, Archway, was involved in a fight sometime between December 6 and December 11 in which he suffered fatal chest wounds.
However, officers have little information about the incident and do not know where it might have happened.
A pathologist report suggests the 49-year-old was either punched or kicked, but officers are ruling nothing out.
Mr Stewart died at the hospital in Magdala Avenue, Archway, last Wednesday (December 19), after being admitted two days before with a fractured chest bone and blood poisoning.
Police were called to the hospital at about 1.10am last Wednesday by staff after Mr Stewart died. His family has been informed.
On Friday, a 42-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder after presenting himself to a police station in north London. He was later bailed to return in February pending further enquiries.
- 1 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 2 Cannabis sweets: the drugs danger that put 17 north London schoolgirls in hospital
- 3 Beloved father choked to death on cauliflower after Highgate Care Home 'neglect'
- 4 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
- 5 Boy, 13, arrested after teenager stabbed in Canonbury
- 6 Stoke Newington: Pret 'sorry' after staff tell indy café 'we'll steal your customers'
- 7 Pirates: Reggie Yates film shot in Angel gets release
- 8 Islington shisha smuggler sentenced for £230,000 tax fraud
- 9 Jailed: 7 north London offenders put behind bars in April
- 10 Jailed: 'Brazen' cannabis sweet dealers sentenced
Police are still appealling for information and anyone who can help should call officers on 020 8345 3865 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.