Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- Credit: Google
Police are appealing for witnesses after a man was arrested on suspicion of raping a woman in Finsbury Park.
The victim, aged in her 20s, reported that she had been attacked in the park near to the entrance of Manor House Gate at about 1.30am on Wednesday (June 23).
A 29-year-old man was arrested today (June 24), and is currently in custody at a police station in north London.
The suspect is described as a Black man aged in his late 20s, wearing a black Adidas hooded top.
He was also wearing a pair of distinctive orange headphones around his neck and was riding a pedal cycle.
Uniformed patrols of the area have been increased to provide community reassurance, according to Scotland Yard.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Andrew Cook, leading the investigation, said: "The victim is being supported by specialist officers and has been able to give a detailed account of her attacker.
"Please contact police if you recognise the man described or if you were in the area of Finsbury Park in the early hours of Wednesday, 23 June.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Islington signs deal to secure homes for Afghan refugees
- 3 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 4 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 5 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 7 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 8 Essex Road Sainsbury's closed for deep cleaning after rats filmed crawling over croissants
- 9 Highbury church St Joan of Arc marks Covid-delayed centenary
- 10 'Havoc' as squirrels invade Old Street council block
"We believe he was in the area of Manor House tube station shortly before the attack.
"Though an arrest has been made through a diligent investigation by officers, it is still vital we speak to anyone who has information that could assist our enquiries."
Any witnesses, or anyone with any information or dashcam footage, should call 101 with CAD reference 446/23JUN.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers, 100 per cent anonymously, on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.