Hampstead attempted robbery: Two men charged over incident involving Arsenal players Kolasinac and Ozil
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Two men have been charged over the attempted robbery of a pair of Arsenal footballers in Platt’s Lane, Hampstead.
The alleged attempt took place on July 25.
Archway man Ashley Smith, 30 and of Cardinals Way, was arrested on September 4 and charged a day later.
Both Smith and Jordan Northover, 26, are charged with attempted robbery and threatening a person with an offensive weapon in a public place over the incident.
Smith appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court on September 5, and was remanded to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on October 3.
Northover will appear via video link at Highbury Corner on Wednesday September 25.
The incident alleged saw footballers Sead Kolasinac and Mesut Ozil attacked, but the pair fled in a vehicle and were unharmed.
- 1 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 2 Plea date set for man accused of Sabita Thanwani killing
- 3 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 4 'Save Islington's buses': Call for action as sweeping cuts loom
- 5 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 6 Hit Brighton food hall operator to open Upper Street venue
- 7 Guilty: 4 teenagers admit 27 offences after series of 19 robberies
- 8 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 9 Census 2021: What has changed in your borough since 2011?
- 10 'Mistrust and fear' of services fuelling Islington BAME employment gap, research finds
Video footage showed Mr Kolasinac challenging two men allegedly trying to rob them.