Hampstead attempted robbery: Two men charged over incident involving Arsenal players Kolasinac and Ozil
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Two men have been charged over the attempted robbery of a pair of Arsenal footballers in Platt’s Lane, Hampstead.
The alleged attempt took place on July 25.
Archway man Ashley Smith, 30 and of Cardinals Way, was arrested on September 4 and charged a day later.
Both Smith and Jordan Northover, 26, are charged with attempted robbery and threatening a person with an offensive weapon in a public place over the incident.
Smith appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court on September 5, and was remanded to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on October 3.
You may also want to watch:
Northover will appear via video link at Highbury Corner on Wednesday September 25.
The incident alleged saw footballers Sead Kolasinac and Mesut Ozil attacked, but the pair fled in a vehicle and were unharmed.
- 1 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 2 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 3 Thornhill School's 'dream' library opens after parents' 'relentless' fundraising efforts
- 4 Campaigners debate future of Holloway Women's Building with Peabody Trust
- 5 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 6 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 7 Drugs and cash seized in multi-force police op
- 8 Bunhill by-election set to go-ahead following Claudia Webbe's resignation
- 9 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub
- 10 'Light at the end of the tunnel': Upper Street shoppers excited to end lockdown
Video footage showed Mr Kolasinac challenging two men allegedly trying to rob them.