Hampstead attempted robbery: Two men charged over incident involving Arsenal players Kolasinac and Ozil
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Two men have been charged over the attempted robbery of a pair of Arsenal footballers in Platt’s Lane, Hampstead.
The alleged attempt took place on July 25.
Archway man Ashley Smith, 30 and of Cardinals Way, was arrested on September 4 and charged a day later.
Both Smith and Jordan Northover, 26, are charged with attempted robbery and threatening a person with an offensive weapon in a public place over the incident.
Smith appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court on September 5, and was remanded to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on October 3.
Northover will appear via video link at Highbury Corner on Wednesday September 25.
The incident alleged saw footballers Sead Kolasinac and Mesut Ozil attacked, but the pair fled in a vehicle and were unharmed.
- 1 Layout of new LTN around Upper Street revealed
- 2 CCTV: Footage of man sought by officers investigating sexual assault
- 3 Islington's Tory councillor calls for LTNs to be scrapped
- 4 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 5 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 6 Safety measure or danger? Two weeks to decide Liverpool Road cycleway fate
- 7 Reclaim the Night: Women demand end to gendered violence in north London
- 8 Court shown moment man is arrested in the road naked after 'ferocious' attack on girlfriend
- 9 Islington's Young Blessed Gifted sets up hip hop concert
- 10 Gong bathing comes to Holloway, Dalston and Stoke Newington
Video footage showed Mr Kolasinac challenging two men allegedly trying to rob them.