Hampstead attempted robbery: Two men charged over incident involving Arsenal players Kolasinac and Ozil
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Two men have been charged over the attempted robbery of a pair of Arsenal footballers in Platt’s Lane, Hampstead.
The alleged attempt took place on July 25.
Archway man Ashley Smith, 30 and of Cardinals Way, was arrested on September 4 and charged a day later.
Both Smith and Jordan Northover, 26, are charged with attempted robbery and threatening a person with an offensive weapon in a public place over the incident.
Smith appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court on September 5, and was remanded to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on October 3.
You may also want to watch:
Northover will appear via video link at Highbury Corner on Wednesday September 25.
The incident alleged saw footballers Sead Kolasinac and Mesut Ozil attacked, but the pair fled in a vehicle and were unharmed.
- 1 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 2 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 5 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 6 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 7 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 8 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Finsbury Park to get its own Pokémon-GO style story
Video footage showed Mr Kolasinac challenging two men allegedly trying to rob them.