Arsenal of weapons including loaded sawn-off shotgun found in Holloway
- Credit: Archant
A sawn-off shotgun was among weapons found when police searched a Holloway estate on Thursday.
Officers discovered what is thought to have been a double-barrelled shotgun, containing two cartridges, a revolver, ammunition, a pen gun and gloves, in a black rucksack at Hollins House in Tufnell Park Road.
They were carrying out a search of the rear of the building at about 11.15am when they found the bag hidden in the undergrowth.
No arrests have been made and enquiries are still ongoing.
The estate has had gun troubles in the past, with shots being fired at a car in 2010 and youths reportedly unloading on a balcony during the Queen’s Diamond Jubliee weekend, in June two years ago.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Can you help identify this man?
- 2 Toxic air, Covid, Ramadan, rehoming cats and Islamophobia
- 3 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub
- 4 Bowie-inspired bar in Finsbury Park faces opposition
- 5 Islington mayor complains about ‘saturation’ of licenced venues in Archway
- 6 Macmillan CEO thanks retiring Islington firefighter for £25,000 donation
- 7 Church closes Highgate path over 'antisocial behaviour and assault'
- 8 Islington Council racked up nearly £500,000 from LTN fines in 4 months
- 9 Alex Smith murder: Abdirahman Ibrahim found guilty
- 10 Climate change: Nurture nature