Arsenal of weapons including loaded sawn-off shotgun found in Holloway
- Credit: Archant
A sawn-off shotgun was among weapons found when police searched a Holloway estate on Thursday.
Officers discovered what is thought to have been a double-barrelled shotgun, containing two cartridges, a revolver, ammunition, a pen gun and gloves, in a black rucksack at Hollins House in Tufnell Park Road.
They were carrying out a search of the rear of the building at about 11.15am when they found the bag hidden in the undergrowth.
No arrests have been made and enquiries are still ongoing.
The estate has had gun troubles in the past, with shots being fired at a car in 2010 and youths reportedly unloading on a balcony during the Queen’s Diamond Jubliee weekend, in June two years ago.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Scandinavian primary school moves to bigger premises in Highbury
- 2 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 3 Family of missing Islington man make urgent appeal for information
- 4 Islington pub Alpaca wins lockdown service award
- 5 Covid-19: How Islington's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 6 Meet the Islington-based Rangers fans who are helping food banks
- 7 Not just for Christmas: Rescue dogs looking for forever homes
- 8 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 9 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 10 Man dies after two people found in Regent's Canal near Angel