Arsenal of weapons including loaded sawn-off shotgun found in Holloway
- Credit: Archant
A sawn-off shotgun was among weapons found when police searched a Holloway estate on Thursday.
Officers discovered what is thought to have been a double-barrelled shotgun, containing two cartridges, a revolver, ammunition, a pen gun and gloves, in a black rucksack at Hollins House in Tufnell Park Road.
They were carrying out a search of the rear of the building at about 11.15am when they found the bag hidden in the undergrowth.
No arrests have been made and enquiries are still ongoing.
The estate has had gun troubles in the past, with shots being fired at a car in 2010 and youths reportedly unloading on a balcony during the Queen’s Diamond Jubliee weekend, in June two years ago.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 2 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 5 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 6 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 7 Number of Islington opiate addicts seeking help doubles during lockdown
- 8 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 9 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 10 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown