Arsenal of weapons including loaded sawn-off shotgun found in Holloway
- Credit: Archant
A sawn-off shotgun was among weapons found when police searched a Holloway estate on Thursday.
Officers discovered what is thought to have been a double-barrelled shotgun, containing two cartridges, a revolver, ammunition, a pen gun and gloves, in a black rucksack at Hollins House in Tufnell Park Road.
They were carrying out a search of the rear of the building at about 11.15am when they found the bag hidden in the undergrowth.
No arrests have been made and enquiries are still ongoing.
The estate has had gun troubles in the past, with shots being fired at a car in 2010 and youths reportedly unloading on a balcony during the Queen’s Diamond Jubliee weekend, in June two years ago.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 4 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 5 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 6 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 7 Summer in the city: 5 Things to do in Islington this weekend
- 8 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 9 Thunder and lightning could return to London on Monday
- 10 Statue to street cat Bob unveiled in Islington Green