Arsenal of weapons including loaded sawn-off shotgun found in Holloway
- Credit: Archant
A sawn-off shotgun was among weapons found when police searched a Holloway estate on Thursday.
Officers discovered what is thought to have been a double-barrelled shotgun, containing two cartridges, a revolver, ammunition, a pen gun and gloves, in a black rucksack at Hollins House in Tufnell Park Road.
They were carrying out a search of the rear of the building at about 11.15am when they found the bag hidden in the undergrowth.
No arrests have been made and enquiries are still ongoing.
The estate has had gun troubles in the past, with shots being fired at a car in 2010 and youths reportedly unloading on a balcony during the Queen’s Diamond Jubliee weekend, in June two years ago.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 3 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 4 Islington writers among the winners of 2021 awards
- 5 Arsenal column: Granit Xhaka the stand out performer since Boxing Day but some of his senior professionals continue to disappoint
- 6 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 7 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 8 Author inspired by Highbury for debut sci-fi novel about aliens
- 9 Spot tiny art 'gems' along The Parkland Walk
- 10 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding