ASBO bans “career” thief from Islington bars
- Credit: Archant
A “career” thief has been banned from entering any pubs in Islington, Camden, Westminster and the City of London after being handed an ASBO.
Lotfi Noui’s trail of theft came to light after staff from the Lexington pub, in Pentonville Road, caught the Newington Green resident rummaging through a drinker’s bag.
The 33-year-old was later found with a stolen mobile before being charged with six separate counts of theft and attempted theft between September 2011 and December 2012. He was also jailed at Blackfriars Crown Court for 15 months.
Islington drinkers are being warned to remain vigilent and report Noui to officers if he is seen in pubs after his release.
Sergeant Chris Walsh said: “Yet again we have succeeded in obtaining a lengthy custodial sentence for another one of our career criminals.
You may also want to watch:
“Coupled with the ASBO, the community of Islington can see we are determined to ensure that when attending licensed premises, people can have an enjoyable time and not be ruined by the likes of Noui.”
- 1 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 2 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 3 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 4 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 5 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 8 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 9 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 10 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6