ASBO bans “career” thief from Islington bars
- Credit: Archant
A “career” thief has been banned from entering any pubs in Islington, Camden, Westminster and the City of London after being handed an ASBO.
Lotfi Noui’s trail of theft came to light after staff from the Lexington pub, in Pentonville Road, caught the Newington Green resident rummaging through a drinker’s bag.
The 33-year-old was later found with a stolen mobile before being charged with six separate counts of theft and attempted theft between September 2011 and December 2012. He was also jailed at Blackfriars Crown Court for 15 months.
Islington drinkers are being warned to remain vigilent and report Noui to officers if he is seen in pubs after his release.
Sergeant Chris Walsh said: “Yet again we have succeeded in obtaining a lengthy custodial sentence for another one of our career criminals.
“Coupled with the ASBO, the community of Islington can see we are determined to ensure that when attending licensed premises, people can have an enjoyable time and not be ruined by the likes of Noui.”
- 1 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 2 Meet the Islington-based Rangers fans who are helping food banks
- 3 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 4 Family of missing Islington man make urgent appeal for information
- 5 Covid-19: How Islington's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 6 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 7 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 8 'Let's avoid another lockdown': Warning for Islington to be cautious
- 9 Remembering London's teenage homicide victims in 2021
- 10 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close