ASBO bans “career” thief from Islington bars
- Credit: Archant
A “career” thief has been banned from entering any pubs in Islington, Camden, Westminster and the City of London after being handed an ASBO.
Lotfi Noui’s trail of theft came to light after staff from the Lexington pub, in Pentonville Road, caught the Newington Green resident rummaging through a drinker’s bag.
The 33-year-old was later found with a stolen mobile before being charged with six separate counts of theft and attempted theft between September 2011 and December 2012. He was also jailed at Blackfriars Crown Court for 15 months.
Islington drinkers are being warned to remain vigilent and report Noui to officers if he is seen in pubs after his release.
Sergeant Chris Walsh said: “Yet again we have succeeded in obtaining a lengthy custodial sentence for another one of our career criminals.
You may also want to watch:
“Coupled with the ASBO, the community of Islington can see we are determined to ensure that when attending licensed premises, people can have an enjoyable time and not be ruined by the likes of Noui.”
- 1 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 4 Stan Kroenke and the European Super League have killed Arsenal FC
- 5 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 6 ESL 'the death of what football should be about', say Arsenal fans
- 7 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
- 8 Chamber music and arts festival scheduled for Islington this summer
- 9 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 10 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill