ASBO bans “career” thief from Islington bars
- Credit: Archant
A “career” thief has been banned from entering any pubs in Islington, Camden, Westminster and the City of London after being handed an ASBO.
Lotfi Noui’s trail of theft came to light after staff from the Lexington pub, in Pentonville Road, caught the Newington Green resident rummaging through a drinker’s bag.
The 33-year-old was later found with a stolen mobile before being charged with six separate counts of theft and attempted theft between September 2011 and December 2012. He was also jailed at Blackfriars Crown Court for 15 months.
Islington drinkers are being warned to remain vigilent and report Noui to officers if he is seen in pubs after his release.
Sergeant Chris Walsh said: “Yet again we have succeeded in obtaining a lengthy custodial sentence for another one of our career criminals.
You may also want to watch:
“Coupled with the ASBO, the community of Islington can see we are determined to ensure that when attending licensed premises, people can have an enjoyable time and not be ruined by the likes of Noui.”
- 1 Two 17-year-olds charged after alleged knifepoint robbery in Highgate
- 2 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 3 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 4 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown
- 7 Highbury woman launches pen pal initiative to fight lockdown loneliness
- 8 Arsenal fan's search for every Highbury Stadium match since 1940s
- 9 Islington's Holocaust Memorial Day 2021 event to go ahead online
- 10 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park