Balls Pond Road moped crash: 18-year-old man charged
- Credit: Archant
A Holloway man has been charged with attempting to seriously injure a police officer as he was trying to stop a moped.
Tommy Houghton, 18, of the York Way Estate, was last night charged with attempted grievous bodily harm with intent.
He was also charged with possession of cannabis, aggravated taking and driving away and using a motor vehicle without insurance.
Houghton was originally arrested on Wednesday after the collision with the 22-year-old police constable in Balls Pond Road.
The officer was taken to hospital for treatment to a leg injury, and discharged later that day.
You may also want to watch:
Houghton will appear in custody at Hendon Magistrates’ Court today.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 4 Arsenal Women trio issue apology to team mates following Dubai trip
- 5 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 6 Letters: Environment and tenants' manifesto
- 7 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 8 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
- 9 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 10 Two 17-year-olds charged after alleged knifepoint robbery in Highgate