Balls Pond Road moped crash: 18-year-old man charged
- Credit: Archant
A Holloway man has been charged with attempting to seriously injure a police officer as he was trying to stop a moped.
Tommy Houghton, 18, of the York Way Estate, was last night charged with attempted grievous bodily harm with intent.
He was also charged with possession of cannabis, aggravated taking and driving away and using a motor vehicle without insurance.
Houghton was originally arrested on Wednesday after the collision with the 22-year-old police constable in Balls Pond Road.
The officer was taken to hospital for treatment to a leg injury, and discharged later that day.
You may also want to watch:
Houghton will appear in custody at Hendon Magistrates’ Court today.
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 New nightclub Glam to open in Shoreditch in June
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 7 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 8 Charity launches new campaign to eradicate food poverty in north London
- 9 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 10 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington