Balls Pond Road moped crash: 18-year-old man charged
- Credit: Archant
A Holloway man has been charged with attempting to seriously injure a police officer as he was trying to stop a moped.
Tommy Houghton, 18, of the York Way Estate, was last night charged with attempted grievous bodily harm with intent.
He was also charged with possession of cannabis, aggravated taking and driving away and using a motor vehicle without insurance.
Houghton was originally arrested on Wednesday after the collision with the 22-year-old police constable in Balls Pond Road.
The officer was taken to hospital for treatment to a leg injury, and discharged later that day.
You may also want to watch:
Houghton will appear in custody at Hendon Magistrates’ Court today.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'Gooner legend' who died of Covid 'caught at Euros final'
- 2 Appeal for information after boy, 15, stabbed in back
- 3 Upper Street coffee shop to start selling "quality" wine despite noise objections
- 4 Second man charged with murder of Taylor Cox in Islington
- 5 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 6 Letters on Low Traffic Neighbourhoods
- 7 In pictures: Pond-dipping, singing and mindfulness at Gillespie Park fun day
- 8 Britannia Leisure Centre and the changing face of Shoreditch Park
- 9 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 10 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington