Beatrice Yankson death: Islington woman’s son charged with murder and arson after fatal fire
- Credit: Archant
The son of a woman who was killed in a flat fire in Finsbury Park in October has been charged with her murder.
Beatrice Yankson, 59, died after the blaze at her home in Mingard Walk on October 26.
Her son, Joel Ellis, 35, was on Tuesday December 10 slapped with charges of murder and arson with intent to endanger life.
Emergency services were called to Ms Yankson's flat at 12.41 on the day in question, but she was pronounced dead at the scene.
A post-mortem examination on October 29 established the cause of her death to be "burns and inhalation of fire/fumes".
You may also want to watch:
Ellis, also of Mingard Walk, was set to appear at Thames Magistrates' Court today (Wed).
- 1 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 4 Stan Kroenke and the European Super League have killed Arsenal FC
- 5 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 6 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
- 7 ESL 'the death of what football should be about', say Arsenal fans
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Chamber music and arts festival scheduled for Islington this summer
- 10 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed