Beatrice Yankson death: Islington woman’s son charged with murder and arson after fatal fire
- Credit: Archant
The son of a woman who was killed in a flat fire in Finsbury Park in October has been charged with her murder.
Beatrice Yankson, 59, died after the blaze at her home in Mingard Walk on October 26.
Her son, Joel Ellis, 35, was on Tuesday December 10 slapped with charges of murder and arson with intent to endanger life.
Emergency services were called to Ms Yankson's flat at 12.41 on the day in question, but she was pronounced dead at the scene.
A post-mortem examination on October 29 established the cause of her death to be "burns and inhalation of fire/fumes".
You may also want to watch:
Ellis, also of Mingard Walk, was set to appear at Thames Magistrates' Court today (Wed).
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 7 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 8 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 9 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 10 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?