Beatrice Yankson death: Islington woman’s son charged with murder and arson after fatal fire
- Credit: Archant
The son of a woman who was killed in a flat fire in Finsbury Park in October has been charged with her murder.
Beatrice Yankson, 59, died after the blaze at her home in Mingard Walk on October 26.
Her son, Joel Ellis, 35, was on Tuesday December 10 slapped with charges of murder and arson with intent to endanger life.
Emergency services were called to Ms Yankson's flat at 12.41 on the day in question, but she was pronounced dead at the scene.
A post-mortem examination on October 29 established the cause of her death to be "burns and inhalation of fire/fumes".
Ellis, also of Mingard Walk, was set to appear at Thames Magistrates' Court today (Wed).
- 1 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 2 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 3 Replacement Finsbury Park leisure centre a step closer
- 4 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
- 5 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 6 Former Met cop faces trial with seven others over alleged bribery plot
- 7 Deadline extended for Islington's greener futures fund
- 8 'Graffiti vandal' linked with £500k worth of damage caught in Highbury
- 9 Arsenal Women welcome signings Souza, Blackstenius and Wienroither
- 10 Incinerator protest group WhatsApp infiltrated by waste authority member