Beatrice Yankson death: Islington woman’s son charged with murder and arson after fatal fire
- Credit: Archant
The son of a woman who was killed in a flat fire in Finsbury Park in October has been charged with her murder.
Beatrice Yankson, 59, died after the blaze at her home in Mingard Walk on October 26.
Her son, Joel Ellis, 35, was on Tuesday December 10 slapped with charges of murder and arson with intent to endanger life.
Emergency services were called to Ms Yankson's flat at 12.41 on the day in question, but she was pronounced dead at the scene.
A post-mortem examination on October 29 established the cause of her death to be "burns and inhalation of fire/fumes".
You may also want to watch:
Ellis, also of Mingard Walk, was set to appear at Thames Magistrates' Court today (Wed).
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 7 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
- 8 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 9 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington