Blackstock Road stabbing: Man in 20s attacked in Finsbury Park
- Credit: Archant
A man has been stabbed in Blackstock Road, Finsbury Park.
British Transport Police officers found a man in his 20s suffering from a stab wound in Blackstock Road at about 4.30pm.
The London Ambulance Service was called and the victim was taken to hospital - and police last night said his condition was "not life-threatening".
Police have closed the road at the junction with Rock Street while they investigate.
Abdul, who works in Fish & Cook, said he saw the aftermath of the incident unfold from his shop window.
"I saw the victim lying on the road," he said. "He'd been stabbed in the leg. It was on the left leg somewhere in the upper thigh. It looked terrible.
"Literally I saw him on the floor and police were assisting him. They were talking to him.
- 1 Man arrested, cyclist seriously injured after alleged hit and run
- 2 Woman harassed by Claudia Webbe wanted MP 'to be humiliated'
- 3 MP Claudia Webbe loses harassment conviction appeal - but sentence reduced
- 4 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 5 Plaistow police officer to face GBH trial after man left paralysed
- 6 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
- 7 Mother Clucker! Fried chicken restaurant to open in Upper Street
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 10 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
"It's terrible, totally terrible. Hopefully it's nothing serious."
Nia Ramirez, who works in Salvation in Noodles, said: "I saw boys were fighting [outside the restaurant] but I didn't realise one was stabbed until after.
"I thought it was just a scuffle, then I saw the police officers and the man lying on the floor.
"Not long ago boys were beating each other up with sticks and stuff. About a month ago I was standing in the window and saw a guy on a bicycle ride past and throw acid in someone's face. I ran across the road because they weren't washing his face properly, so I helped pour it [water] down his face so it wouldn't go in his eyes. Last week a guy got mugged just outside. My partner hates me working in this shop - it's becoming normal in Blackstock Road."
A worker in Rymi hair salon told the Gazette there were a lot of people around when the man was stabbed and police had closed the road.
"I didn't see it as I was inside but there was a stabbing and the road is closed. There's a lot of police around trying to find out what happened."
There have been no arrests.
Did you see what happened? Call Lucas at the Gazette newsdesk on 020 7433 0121 or email email@example.com