Blind woman sexually assaulted by Highbury Corner pervert
Police are hunting a man who sexually assaulted a blind woman in the street after her cane brushed against his foot.
The pervert launched the sickening attack outside the Marie Curie Cancer Care shop on Highbury Corner when the 42-year-old victim tried to get past him.
He blocked her way and mimicked her moves, before he grabbed one of her breasts and groped her for a couple of seconds.
She shouted at him to leave her alone and flailed her arms, forcing him to move away as a female passe-by came to her aid.
The attacker walked off towards Holloway Road where he joined a man and a woman who were heard challenging his behaviour. He told them it did not matter because the victim wouldn’t be able to identify him because she was blind.
You may also want to watch:
Now police are hoping the suspect’s friends will come forward to identify him.
Detective Constable Jo Northfield, who is leading the investigation, said: “This was a cowardly assault on a vulnerable female, going about her business. She has been severely traumatised by this incident and I sincerely hope that the man who did this or anyone who knows him comes forward.”
- 1 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 2 Arsenal fan's search for every Highbury Stadium match since 1940s
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 5 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 6 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown
- 7 Highbury woman launches pen pal initiative to fight lockdown loneliness
- 8 Designated Covid care setting celebrates intervention on insurance issues
- 9 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 10 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
The incident happened at 5.40pm on January 24.
The attacker was white, in his early 30s, about 5ft 6ins tall and stocky build with very short cropped brown hair. At the time, he was wearing a dark coloured below the waist jacket and dark coloured trousers. He spoke with a British accent in a low, slow voice.
He was with a bulky white man in his 40s and a middle-aged woman with long dark hair.
Anyone with information should call 020 7421 0391 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.