Blind woman sexually assaulted by Highbury Corner pervert
Police are hunting a man who sexually assaulted a blind woman in the street after her cane brushed against his foot.
The pervert launched the sickening attack outside the Marie Curie Cancer Care shop on Highbury Corner when the 42-year-old victim tried to get past him.
He blocked her way and mimicked her moves, before he grabbed one of her breasts and groped her for a couple of seconds.
She shouted at him to leave her alone and flailed her arms, forcing him to move away as a female passe-by came to her aid.
The attacker walked off towards Holloway Road where he joined a man and a woman who were heard challenging his behaviour. He told them it did not matter because the victim wouldn’t be able to identify him because she was blind.
Now police are hoping the suspect’s friends will come forward to identify him.
Detective Constable Jo Northfield, who is leading the investigation, said: “This was a cowardly assault on a vulnerable female, going about her business. She has been severely traumatised by this incident and I sincerely hope that the man who did this or anyone who knows him comes forward.”
- 1 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 2 Man arrested, cyclist seriously injured after alleged hit and run
- 3 MP Claudia Webbe loses harassment conviction appeal - but sentence reduced
- 4 Jewish Heritage Trail project receives massive funding boost
- 5 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 6 New mayor to support Islington hospitals
- 7 Plaistow police officer to face GBH trial after man left paralysed
- 8 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
- 9 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 10 Woman harassed by Claudia Webbe wanted MP 'to be humiliated'
The incident happened at 5.40pm on January 24.
The attacker was white, in his early 30s, about 5ft 6ins tall and stocky build with very short cropped brown hair. At the time, he was wearing a dark coloured below the waist jacket and dark coloured trousers. He spoke with a British accent in a low, slow voice.
He was with a bulky white man in his 40s and a middle-aged woman with long dark hair.
Anyone with information should call 020 7421 0391 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.