Boy, 15, pleads guilty after scooter death of Stroud Green teen
- Credit: Archant
Islington youth third to admit role in crash that killed Joe Walker
A 15-year-old from Islington has pleaded guilty to charges connected with the death of a teenager in a scooter crash.
The boy admitted death by careless driving at Blackfriars Crown Court on Wednesday following a crash which killed Joe Walker, 17, in October.
He will be sentenced at the same court on April 24.
Earlier a 17-year-old, also from Islington, pleaded guilty to driving whilst disqualified in connection with the crash – he was sentenced to an 18-month rehabilitation order and disqualified from driving for 12 months at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on January 20.
Then on February 17 a 16-year-old admitted to the offence of allowing to be carried at Highbury Corner Youth Court.
He will be sentenced on March 20.
Joe, a promising footballer from Stroud Green, was riding a scooter along Seven Sisters Road, near Moreton Road, Tottenham, when the collision occurred. He died just two months before his friend Henry Hicks.
- 1 Plan to extend popular Gooners pub with shops and flats
- 2 Disqualified driver jailed after hit-and-run involving Islington schoolgirl
- 3 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 4 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 5 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 6 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 7 Holloway BHF pleads for volunteers to help it stay open
- 8 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 9 'We've still not had Christmas cards': Royal Mail apologises as post backlog hits Islington
- 10 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
Rising Arsenal and England star Kaylen Hinds led tributes to Joe.
He said on Twitter: “RIP Joe Walker. We go way back from primary school days and playing with each other at Leyton Orient.”