Boy, 15, pleads guilty after scooter death of Stroud Green teen
- Credit: Archant
Islington youth third to admit role in crash that killed Joe Walker
A 15-year-old from Islington has pleaded guilty to charges connected with the death of a teenager in a scooter crash.
The boy admitted death by careless driving at Blackfriars Crown Court on Wednesday following a crash which killed Joe Walker, 17, in October.
He will be sentenced at the same court on April 24.
Earlier a 17-year-old, also from Islington, pleaded guilty to driving whilst disqualified in connection with the crash – he was sentenced to an 18-month rehabilitation order and disqualified from driving for 12 months at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on January 20.
Then on February 17 a 16-year-old admitted to the offence of allowing to be carried at Highbury Corner Youth Court.
He will be sentenced on March 20.
Joe, a promising footballer from Stroud Green, was riding a scooter along Seven Sisters Road, near Moreton Road, Tottenham, when the collision occurred. He died just two months before his friend Henry Hicks.
- 1 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 2 Old Bailey: Pair enter pleas over Alex Smith murder
- 3 Man charged with 1974 murder of woman found in Highbury
- 4 Husband granted right to use late wife's embryo for surrogacy
- 5 Actors present prizes at Islington Education Awards 2022
- 6 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 7 CCTV: Woman sexually assaulted at Highbury & Islington station
- 8 'White lives matter' graffiti removed in Archway after two months
- 9 Caledonian artist attempting to paint 100 London pubs
- 10 Islington scammers jailed after preying on elderly victims
Rising Arsenal and England star Kaylen Hinds led tributes to Joe.
He said on Twitter: “RIP Joe Walker. We go way back from primary school days and playing with each other at Leyton Orient.”