Boy, 15, pleads guilty after scooter death of Stroud Green teen
- Credit: Archant
Islington youth third to admit role in crash that killed Joe Walker
A 15-year-old from Islington has pleaded guilty to charges connected with the death of a teenager in a scooter crash.
The boy admitted death by careless driving at Blackfriars Crown Court on Wednesday following a crash which killed Joe Walker, 17, in October.
He will be sentenced at the same court on April 24.
Earlier a 17-year-old, also from Islington, pleaded guilty to driving whilst disqualified in connection with the crash – he was sentenced to an 18-month rehabilitation order and disqualified from driving for 12 months at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on January 20.
You may also want to watch:
Then on February 17 a 16-year-old admitted to the offence of allowing to be carried at Highbury Corner Youth Court.
He will be sentenced on March 20.
Joe, a promising footballer from Stroud Green, was riding a scooter along Seven Sisters Road, near Moreton Road, Tottenham, when the collision occurred. He died just two months before his friend Henry Hicks.
- 1 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 2 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 7 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 8 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 9 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 10 Families of WW2 veterans join Jeremy Corbyn in presenting plaque
Rising Arsenal and England star Kaylen Hinds led tributes to Joe.
He said on Twitter: “RIP Joe Walker. We go way back from primary school days and playing with each other at Leyton Orient.”