Boy, 15, pleads guilty after scooter death of Stroud Green teen
- Credit: Archant
Islington youth third to admit role in crash that killed Joe Walker
A 15-year-old from Islington has pleaded guilty to charges connected with the death of a teenager in a scooter crash.
The boy admitted death by careless driving at Blackfriars Crown Court on Wednesday following a crash which killed Joe Walker, 17, in October.
He will be sentenced at the same court on April 24.
Earlier a 17-year-old, also from Islington, pleaded guilty to driving whilst disqualified in connection with the crash – he was sentenced to an 18-month rehabilitation order and disqualified from driving for 12 months at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on January 20.
You may also want to watch:
Then on February 17 a 16-year-old admitted to the offence of allowing to be carried at Highbury Corner Youth Court.
He will be sentenced on March 20.
Joe, a promising footballer from Stroud Green, was riding a scooter along Seven Sisters Road, near Moreton Road, Tottenham, when the collision occurred. He died just two months before his friend Henry Hicks.
- 1 New nightclub Glam to open in Shoreditch in June
- 2 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 3 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 4 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 5 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 6 Crime plummeted in Islington during Covid pandemic, new figures reveal
- 7 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 8 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 9 David Dein: Former Arsenal chief shares top tips for success
- 10 Charity launches new campaign to eradicate food poverty in north London
Rising Arsenal and England star Kaylen Hinds led tributes to Joe.
He said on Twitter: “RIP Joe Walker. We go way back from primary school days and playing with each other at Leyton Orient.”