Boy, 15, pleads guilty after scooter death of Stroud Green teen
- Credit: Archant
Islington youth third to admit role in crash that killed Joe Walker
A 15-year-old from Islington has pleaded guilty to charges connected with the death of a teenager in a scooter crash.
The boy admitted death by careless driving at Blackfriars Crown Court on Wednesday following a crash which killed Joe Walker, 17, in October.
He will be sentenced at the same court on April 24.
Earlier a 17-year-old, also from Islington, pleaded guilty to driving whilst disqualified in connection with the crash – he was sentenced to an 18-month rehabilitation order and disqualified from driving for 12 months at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on January 20.
You may also want to watch:
Then on February 17 a 16-year-old admitted to the offence of allowing to be carried at Highbury Corner Youth Court.
He will be sentenced on March 20.
Joe, a promising footballer from Stroud Green, was riding a scooter along Seven Sisters Road, near Moreton Road, Tottenham, when the collision occurred. He died just two months before his friend Henry Hicks.
- 1 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 2 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 3 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 4 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 5 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 6 Number of Islington opiate addicts seeking help doubles during lockdown
- 7 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 8 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 9 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 10 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown
Rising Arsenal and England star Kaylen Hinds led tributes to Joe.
He said on Twitter: “RIP Joe Walker. We go way back from primary school days and playing with each other at Leyton Orient.”