Boy, 15, stabbed to death cycling along Caledonian Road
- Credit: Archant
Teen managed to carry on riding before collapsing - murder investigation launched
A 15-year-old boy was stabbed to death while cycling with friends last night.
The unnamed teen was with pals heading up Caledonian Road, near the junction with Copenhagen Street, Islington, when the group were attacked by three males heading the other way.
The fatally-wounded victim managed to continue cycling a short distance after the assault, but soon collapsed and was later pronounced dead at the scene.
Emergency services were called just after 7.30pm, and police have launched a murder investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Next of kin have been informed, but formal identification has not yet been done.
A post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Man left partially blind after Islington robbery
- 6 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 7 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
- 8 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 9 Islington and Camden charity connects generations with winter project
- 10 Whittington patients increase as Covid 'major incident' declared in London
A Scotland Yard statement said: “At this early stage it is believed the victim was cycling north on Caledonian Road with friends when they were attacked, near the junction of Copenhagen Street, by three males who were walking in the opposite direction.
“The victim suffered a single stab wound during the attack and two other members of the group had their bikes stolen.
“The victim managed to cycle further up Caledonian Road before collapsing.
“The suspects made off from the scene, continuing south down Caledonian Road.”
Officers from the Homicide and Major Crime Command investigate and retain an open mind as to the motive for this time.
Det Chf Insp Chris Jones, leading the investigation, said: “Caledonian Road would have been very busy at the time of the incident and I would appeal to anyone who witnessed this attack, or may have any information as to who is responsible, to come forward and speak to police.”
Anyone who witnessed this incident can call 020 8345 3734, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
No arrests have been made, and enquiries continue.
The incident in the sixth stabbing in Islington this month.