Boy, 16, stabbed in Tufnell Park Road
- Credit: Archant
A 16-year-old boy was stabbed in Holloway yesterday afternoon.
Police were called by London Ambulance Service to Tufnell Park Road, near its junction with Holloway Road, at 4.38pm.
Officers and paramedics found the boy suffering a stab injury. He was taken to hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
After a search, officers arrested a 44-year-old man just before 6pm on suspicion of grievous bodily harm, possession of a pointed or bladed article in a public place and possession of a Class A drug.
He remains in custody and enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
One tenant who lives in the Northview Estate said: “I heard an air ambulance and sirens so I got my walking stick and set out. There were loads of people there, and the road was completely blocked off.
“It’s really worrying. I was born and bred here and this isn’t our Holloway. There’s too much knife crime.”
- 1 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
- 2 Meet Islington's 2021 civic award winners
- 3 Islington Council urges: 'Raise repairs before Partners hands back homes'
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 6 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 7 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Music production school leaves Abbey Road for move to Angel Studios
- 10 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes