Boy, 16, stabbed in Tufnell Park Road
- Credit: Archant
A 16-year-old boy was stabbed in Holloway yesterday afternoon.
Police were called by London Ambulance Service to Tufnell Park Road, near its junction with Holloway Road, at 4.38pm.
Officers and paramedics found the boy suffering a stab injury. He was taken to hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
After a search, officers arrested a 44-year-old man just before 6pm on suspicion of grievous bodily harm, possession of a pointed or bladed article in a public place and possession of a Class A drug.
He remains in custody and enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
One tenant who lives in the Northview Estate said: “I heard an air ambulance and sirens so I got my walking stick and set out. There were loads of people there, and the road was completely blocked off.
“It’s really worrying. I was born and bred here and this isn’t our Holloway. There’s too much knife crime.”
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 3 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 4 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 5 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 6 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 7 Tony Blair joins celebration to mark 101 years of Highbury Catholic church
- 8 Meet Charrli - the Islington start-up facilitating zero-waste shopping
- 9 Arsenal youngsters Hennessy and Goldie selected for England under 19s
- 10 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'