Boy, 13, arrested after teenager stabbed in Canonbury
- Credit: Google
A 13-year-old boy has been arrested after another teenager was stabbed in Canonbury.
Police were called about 5.20pm yesterday - Monday, May 9 - to a reported stabbing in Willow Bridge Road.
A boy, believed to be aged 16, was found with a stab injury and taken to hospital for treatment.
"His condition is not life threatening," a Met spokesperson said.
Police say a boy believed to be aged 13 was arrested near the scene on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and possession of an offensive weapon.
"He been bailed to return on a date in early June," the spokesperson added.
"Enquiries into the circumstances are ongoing."
- 1 40 firefighters called to scene as Highbury flat damaged
- 2 Gunners pub back open for Premier League climax
- 3 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 4 Man accused of sexual assaults in Camden and Islington bailed
- 5 New community mural painted by residents unveiled in Stoke Newington
- 6 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
- 7 Call for fuel payment machines in Hackney and Islington
- 8 'Staffing crisis' means children's hospice cannot offer end of life care
- 9 Fast food chain Leon launches 80th restaurant in Angel
- 10 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact police on 101 or tweet @MetCC and provide the reference CAD 5839/9May.
Alternatively, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously via crimestoppers-uk.org/ or 0800 555 111.