Boy arrested in Ipswich in Stefan Appleton murder investigation
- Credit: Archant
Sixth arrest sees boy, 16, also detained for possession of Class A drug
A 16-year-old boy has been arrested in Ipswich on suspicion of murdering Stefan Appleton.
The suspect, who was also arrested for possession of a Class A drug, is the sixth teen to be arrested in the investigation which has seen two boys, also 16, charged with the murder of the 18-year-old in Canonbury on Wednesday last week.
Yesterday lunchtime Suffolk officers raided a property in Berners Street, Ipswich, on behalf of the Met’s murder squad detectives.
A search warrant was executed at around 1pm.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Constabulary confirmed it had arrested a suspect on behalf of the Met Police in Ipswich yesterday.
Stefan was stabbed several times at Nightingale Park shortly after 6pm on June 10 and was pronounced dead at 7.45pm due to shock and haemorrhage, and a stab wound to the chest.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
A spokesman for the Met Police said: “Officers investigating the murder of Stefan Appleton have arrest a 16-year-old boy in Ipswich.
“Officers from Suffolk Constabulary executed a warrant in Berners Street, Ipswich, and arrested a boy on suspicion of murder and possession of Class A drugs.
“He has been taken to a Suffolk police station where he remains in custody.”
Yesterday two 16-year-olds appeared at Highbury Corner Youth Court charged with the murder of Mr Appleton.
One of the teenagers was detained after officers raided an address in Holloway.
Three other 16-year-olds boys were arrested at the same address on suspicion of robbery and attempting to pervert the course of justice. They have been bailed until a date not yet set.