Boy arrested in Ipswich in Stefan Appleton murder investigation
- Credit: Archant
Sixth arrest sees boy, 16, also detained for possession of Class A drug
A 16-year-old boy has been arrested in Ipswich on suspicion of murdering Stefan Appleton.
The suspect, who was also arrested for possession of a Class A drug, is the sixth teen to be arrested in the investigation which has seen two boys, also 16, charged with the murder of the 18-year-old in Canonbury on Wednesday last week.
Yesterday lunchtime Suffolk officers raided a property in Berners Street, Ipswich, on behalf of the Met’s murder squad detectives.
A search warrant was executed at around 1pm.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Constabulary confirmed it had arrested a suspect on behalf of the Met Police in Ipswich yesterday.
Stefan was stabbed several times at Nightingale Park shortly after 6pm on June 10 and was pronounced dead at 7.45pm due to shock and haemorrhage, and a stab wound to the chest.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 7 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
A spokesman for the Met Police said: “Officers investigating the murder of Stefan Appleton have arrest a 16-year-old boy in Ipswich.
“Officers from Suffolk Constabulary executed a warrant in Berners Street, Ipswich, and arrested a boy on suspicion of murder and possession of Class A drugs.
“He has been taken to a Suffolk police station where he remains in custody.”
Yesterday two 16-year-olds appeared at Highbury Corner Youth Court charged with the murder of Mr Appleton.
One of the teenagers was detained after officers raided an address in Holloway.
Three other 16-year-olds boys were arrested at the same address on suspicion of robbery and attempting to pervert the course of justice. They have been bailed until a date not yet set.