Boy left in hospital after incident near Highbury school
- Credit: Archant
A teenage boy was left in hospital after he was allegedly beaten round the head with a weapon by two youths.
The 16-year-old, accompanied by his mum, was taken by ambulance after the attack in Highbury Grove, Highbury, on January 15, at around 5pm.
Police were called and arrested two 14-year-old boys – one on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and the other on suspicion of actual bodily harm.
Maria Michael, who saw the aftermath of the assault, said: “It was close to Highbury Grove School – I saw lots of people around and blood everywhere; all over the floor.
“It was really shocking – it must have been terrible for families coming to pick up their children to see that.”
You may also want to watch:
The youths have been released on police bail until January 28.
- 1 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 4 Stan Kroenke and the European Super League have killed Arsenal FC
- 5 ESL 'the death of what football should be about', say Arsenal fans
- 6 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 7 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
- 8 Chamber music and arts festival scheduled for Islington this summer
- 9 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 10 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault