Boy left in hospital after incident near Highbury school
- Credit: Archant
A teenage boy was left in hospital after he was allegedly beaten round the head with a weapon by two youths.
The 16-year-old, accompanied by his mum, was taken by ambulance after the attack in Highbury Grove, Highbury, on January 15, at around 5pm.
Police were called and arrested two 14-year-old boys – one on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and the other on suspicion of actual bodily harm.
Maria Michael, who saw the aftermath of the assault, said: “It was close to Highbury Grove School – I saw lots of people around and blood everywhere; all over the floor.
“It was really shocking – it must have been terrible for families coming to pick up their children to see that.”
You may also want to watch:
The youths have been released on police bail until January 28.
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 3 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 4 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 5 Former Islington BC Slavisa Gegic fighter visits his old club
- 6 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 9 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 10 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E