Boy left in hospital after incident near Highbury school
- Credit: Archant
A teenage boy was left in hospital after he was allegedly beaten round the head with a weapon by two youths.
The 16-year-old, accompanied by his mum, was taken by ambulance after the attack in Highbury Grove, Highbury, on January 15, at around 5pm.
Police were called and arrested two 14-year-old boys – one on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and the other on suspicion of actual bodily harm.
Maria Michael, who saw the aftermath of the assault, said: “It was close to Highbury Grove School – I saw lots of people around and blood everywhere; all over the floor.
“It was really shocking – it must have been terrible for families coming to pick up their children to see that.”
You may also want to watch:
The youths have been released on police bail until January 28.
- 1 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 2 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 3 Arsenal fan's search for every Highbury Stadium match since 1940s
- 4 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown
- 5 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 6 Highbury woman launches pen pal initiative to fight lockdown loneliness
- 7 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 8 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 9 Islington's Holocaust Memorial Day 2021 event to go ahead online
- 10 Two 17-year-olds charged after alleged knifepoint robbery in Highgate