Victoria line knife threat robbery: Police release CCTV images after terrifying London-wide spate of robberies
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after thugs threatened to stab a man on the Victoria line – one of a spate of robberies to plague the capital.
Detectives have released a CCTV image of a man they wish to trace, following the incident on a tube travelling between Finsbury Park and Highbury & Islington Station on October 26.
At about 6pm, a group of males threatened to stab a 25-year-old man before taking his phone, headphones and watch.
Det Ch Insp Sarah White, from British Transport Police, said: "Recently we have seen a concerning amount of robberies across the rail network in London, and we are working tirelessly to catch those responsible.
"We have specialist plain clothes officers operating across the network, and passengers can also expect to see highly visible reassurance patrols across key routes and areas.
"However, I would still like to remind everyone of the need to be aware of their surroundings when travelling, particularly in the evenings, and of being discreet and secure when carrying their property where possible."
Her warning comes after 16-year-old boy was robbed for his mobile and money at knife point at Seven Sisters station on November 9, and a 21-year-old was asked for his phone and punched in the face on a London Overground train heading to White Hart Lane on October 6.
- 1 Missing: 29-year-old Islington woman found 'safe and well'
- 2 Appeal hearing of MP Claudia Webbe gets under way
- 3 Ex Arsenal player Lee Harper appeals for return of stolen shirt
- 4 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 5 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 6 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 7 40 firefighters called to scene as Highbury flat damaged
- 8 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 9 Gunners pub back open for Premier League climax
- 10 New cabinet announced for Islington Council
The slew of robberies has also seen a group of knife-wielding men try to rob a 16-year-old boy on a c2c train to Upminster Station.
BTP have also released pictures of people it wants to speak with in connection to these robberies.
Det Ch Insp White added: "Typically, we are seeing things like phones, laptops and airpod earphones being targeted by groups of young men.
"They will usually approach people travelling on their own, but many of these incidents have still taken place in crowded and busy areas."
"Thankfully we police a CCTV rich environment which has enabled us to quickly identify a number of suspects and bring them into custody, and I'd now like to appeal for your help in identifying the men in these photos."
Anyone with information about the people pictured can text BTP on 61016 or call 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference number 334 of 14/11/19.