Brutal stabbing in Farringdon nightlife hotspot
A man was stabbed in the street in one of Islington’s busiest clubbing strips – the fifth attack there in less than a month.
The 24-year-old was knifed in the chest and hand in Charterhouse Street, Farringdon, at 3am on Saturday, after he was involved in a fight.
He was rushed to hospital but has since been discharged and is making a good recovery.
Investigating officer Det Con Cen Blackwell, of Islington Police, said: “A young man was brutally stabbed at the weekend and we are appealing for information. There were a lot of people in the area at the time and we are appealing to them to call the police so we can bring the perpetrators to justice.”
Police said it is the fifth violent incident in Charterhouse Street this month, which is known as a nightlife hotspot that houses the Fabric superclub and several bars and attracts thousands of revellers every weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call Islington Police on 020 7421 0144 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'Gooner legend' who died of Covid 'caught at Euros final'
- 2 Upper Street coffee shop to start selling "quality" wine despite noise objections
- 3 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 4 Letters on Low Traffic Neighbourhoods
- 5 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 6 Letter on Holloway Prison site development
- 7 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 8 In pictures: Pond-dipping, singing and mindfulness at Gillespie Park fun day
- 9 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 10 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket