Brutal stabbing in Farringdon nightlife hotspot
A man was stabbed in the street in one of Islington’s busiest clubbing strips – the fifth attack there in less than a month.
The 24-year-old was knifed in the chest and hand in Charterhouse Street, Farringdon, at 3am on Saturday, after he was involved in a fight.
He was rushed to hospital but has since been discharged and is making a good recovery.
Investigating officer Det Con Cen Blackwell, of Islington Police, said: “A young man was brutally stabbed at the weekend and we are appealing for information. There were a lot of people in the area at the time and we are appealing to them to call the police so we can bring the perpetrators to justice.”
Police said it is the fifth violent incident in Charterhouse Street this month, which is known as a nightlife hotspot that houses the Fabric superclub and several bars and attracts thousands of revellers every weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call Islington Police on 020 7421 0144 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 2 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 3 Tributes paid to founder of Islington's Museum of Funeral History
- 4 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 5 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Primary school allowed to keep floodlights despite complaints
- 8 'Risk of thunderstorms' in north London ahead of May 17 lockdown easing
- 9 Tollington by-election imminent as Richard Watts joins Khan's 'top team'
- 10 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair