Caledonian Road crash sees moped ‘abandoned’
- Credit: Archant
A moped was abandoned after a collision with a car in Caledonian Road last night.
Police were called at about 8pm to the junction with Hillmarton Road.
The moped was left at the scene, a Met spokeswoman said, and the car drove away.
No injuries were reported and “no offences have been disclosed”.
An eyewitness said: “I was just walking and heard a lot of beeping in the background. I wasn’t paying much attention but as I was on the junction, there was a crash and people shouting.
You may also want to watch:
“It seemed like these people might have had something going on already, and I thought: ‘This might get a bit tricky.’
“The guy who fell off the moped rolled a few times but jumped straight back up. He had his hands on his hip and walked away.
- 1 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 2 Can you help identify this man?
- 3 Shops, pubs and hairdressers reopen across Islington today
- 4 Toxic air, Covid, Ramadan, rehoming cats and Islamophobia
- 5 Macmillan CEO thanks retiring Islington firefighter for £25,000 donation
- 6 'Light at the end of the tunnel': Upper Street shoppers excited to end lockdown
- 7 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub
- 8 Bowie-inspired bar in Finsbury Park faces opposition
- 9 Shannon Courtenay crowned WBA Bantamweight World Champion
- 10 Islington mayor complains about ‘saturation’ of licenced venues in Archway
“The guy in the car stopped and seemed to be thinking: ‘Should I go to him?’ But then he said something and just drove off.”