Caledonian Road crash sees moped ‘abandoned’
- Credit: Archant
A moped was abandoned after a collision with a car in Caledonian Road last night.
Police were called at about 8pm to the junction with Hillmarton Road.
The moped was left at the scene, a Met spokeswoman said, and the car drove away.
No injuries were reported and “no offences have been disclosed”.
An eyewitness said: “I was just walking and heard a lot of beeping in the background. I wasn’t paying much attention but as I was on the junction, there was a crash and people shouting.
You may also want to watch:
“It seemed like these people might have had something going on already, and I thought: ‘This might get a bit tricky.’
“The guy who fell off the moped rolled a few times but jumped straight back up. He had his hands on his hip and walked away.
- 1 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 5 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 6 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
“The guy in the car stopped and seemed to be thinking: ‘Should I go to him?’ But then he said something and just drove off.”