Caledonian Road crash sees moped ‘abandoned’
- Credit: Archant
A moped was abandoned after a collision with a car in Caledonian Road last night.
Police were called at about 8pm to the junction with Hillmarton Road.
The moped was left at the scene, a Met spokeswoman said, and the car drove away.
No injuries were reported and “no offences have been disclosed”.
An eyewitness said: “I was just walking and heard a lot of beeping in the background. I wasn’t paying much attention but as I was on the junction, there was a crash and people shouting.
You may also want to watch:
“It seemed like these people might have had something going on already, and I thought: ‘This might get a bit tricky.’
“The guy who fell off the moped rolled a few times but jumped straight back up. He had his hands on his hip and walked away.
- 1 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 2 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 3 Arsenal's Women's Super League clash with West Ham postponed
- 4 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 5 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 6 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 7 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 10 Covid and NHS, LTNs and trees versus housing
“The guy in the car stopped and seemed to be thinking: ‘Should I go to him?’ But then he said something and just drove off.”