Caledonian Road crash sees moped ‘abandoned’
- Credit: Archant
A moped was abandoned after a collision with a car in Caledonian Road last night.
Police were called at about 8pm to the junction with Hillmarton Road.
The moped was left at the scene, a Met spokeswoman said, and the car drove away.
No injuries were reported and “no offences have been disclosed”.
An eyewitness said: “I was just walking and heard a lot of beeping in the background. I wasn’t paying much attention but as I was on the junction, there was a crash and people shouting.
“It seemed like these people might have had something going on already, and I thought: ‘This might get a bit tricky.’
“The guy who fell off the moped rolled a few times but jumped straight back up. He had his hands on his hip and walked away.
- 1 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 2 'Save Islington's buses': Call for action as sweeping cuts loom
- 3 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 4 Hit Brighton food hall operator to open Upper Street venue
- 5 Arsenal begin pre-season in strong position
- 6 Census 2021: What has changed in your borough since 2011?
- 7 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 8 Guilty: 4 teenagers admit 27 offences after series of 19 robberies
- 9 Islington scammers jailed after preying on elderly victims
- 10 Old Bailey: Pair enter pleas over Alex Smith murder
“The guy in the car stopped and seemed to be thinking: ‘Should I go to him?’ But then he said something and just drove off.”