Caledonian Road crash sees moped ‘abandoned’
- Credit: Archant
A moped was abandoned after a collision with a car in Caledonian Road last night.
Police were called at about 8pm to the junction with Hillmarton Road.
The moped was left at the scene, a Met spokeswoman said, and the car drove away.
No injuries were reported and “no offences have been disclosed”.
An eyewitness said: “I was just walking and heard a lot of beeping in the background. I wasn’t paying much attention but as I was on the junction, there was a crash and people shouting.
“It seemed like these people might have had something going on already, and I thought: ‘This might get a bit tricky.’
“The guy who fell off the moped rolled a few times but jumped straight back up. He had his hands on his hip and walked away.
- 1 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 2 New nursery promises ‘outstanding childcare’ for Highbury
- 3 Reality TV star's brother ‘wasn't involved in drug-trafficking’, murder trial hears
- 4 Meating climate commitments: are butchers on their way out?
- 5 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 6 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 7 Man on trial for attempted murder of girlfriend was in drug-induced psychosis
- 8 Call to end Islamophobia in Islington at first awareness event
- 9 Festive events lined up for Islington this Christmas
- 10 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
“The guy in the car stopped and seemed to be thinking: ‘Should I go to him?’ But then he said something and just drove off.”