Caledonian Road stabbing: Two teens arrested after 17-year-old killed near Tilloch Street
- Credit: Archant
A 17-year-old has been stabbed to death in the Cally this evening.
Three teenagers have been arrested over the fatal attack near the junction with Tilloch Street.
A 17-year-old and 16-year-old were arrested nearby on suspicion of murder, and hours later a 18-year-old was also arrested at a house in Islington on suspicion of murder. All three are currently in custody.
Police and medics were called at 6.50pm and the teenagerwas pronounced dead at the scene.
Scotland Yard said it believes it knows who the victim is, but await formal identification.
Next of kin have been informed.
Detectives from the Central North Command Unit are investigating alongside the Met’s murder squad.
- 1 Shell casings found after Islington gun reports
- 2 Disqualified driver jailed after hit-and-run involving Islington schoolgirl
- 3 Artisan coffee house opens in Angel Central following £16m refurbishment
- 4 Four Hackney and Islington properties with amazing skyline views
- 5 Plan to extend popular Gooners pub with shops and flats
- 6 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 7 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 8 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 9 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 10 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
Munim Abdul, manager at the Co-Op Food in Caledonian Road, told the Gazette: “Somebody got stabbed outside so police locked the door and everything.
“Of course I feel bad for the guy that was stabbed. This area has so many issues.”
“This shouldn’t be happening. People shouldn’t be hurting each other.”
Cally councillor Paul Convery (Lab, Caledonian) tweeted: “Fatal stabbing on Cally Rd. Road completely closed. Standstill awaiting forensics and murder investigators. Victim family arriving intensely distressed. This is truly awful.”
Tilloch Street is a short alley that links the Caledonian Road with Coatbridge House in Carnoustie Drive.
People are advised to avoid the area if travelling by road, but Overground and Tube services are believed to be running normally.
Anyone with information is asked to call police via 101 quoting reference 6320 of January 29. To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Did you see what happened, or do you know the victim? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.