Caledonian Road stabbing: Two teens arrested after 17-year-old killed near Tilloch Street
- Credit: Archant
A 17-year-old has been stabbed to death in the Cally this evening.
Three teenagers have been arrested over the fatal attack near the junction with Tilloch Street.
A 17-year-old and 16-year-old were arrested nearby on suspicion of murder, and hours later a 18-year-old was also arrested at a house in Islington on suspicion of murder. All three are currently in custody.
Police and medics were called at 6.50pm and the teenagerwas pronounced dead at the scene.
Scotland Yard said it believes it knows who the victim is, but await formal identification.
You may also want to watch:
Next of kin have been informed.
Detectives from the Central North Command Unit are investigating alongside the Met’s murder squad.
- 1 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 2 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 3 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 4 Number of Islington opiate addicts seeking help doubles during lockdown
- 5 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 6 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 7 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 8 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 9 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 10 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown
Munim Abdul, manager at the Co-Op Food in Caledonian Road, told the Gazette: “Somebody got stabbed outside so police locked the door and everything.
“Of course I feel bad for the guy that was stabbed. This area has so many issues.”
“This shouldn’t be happening. People shouldn’t be hurting each other.”
Cally councillor Paul Convery (Lab, Caledonian) tweeted: “Fatal stabbing on Cally Rd. Road completely closed. Standstill awaiting forensics and murder investigators. Victim family arriving intensely distressed. This is truly awful.”
Tilloch Street is a short alley that links the Caledonian Road with Coatbridge House in Carnoustie Drive.
People are advised to avoid the area if travelling by road, but Overground and Tube services are believed to be running normally.
Anyone with information is asked to call police via 101 quoting reference 6320 of January 29. To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Did you see what happened, or do you know the victim? Email email@example.com.