Cally man Liam Pinnock jailed for making explosives, zombie knives, axes and machetes in his home
- Credit: Archant
A Cally man who made explosive devices and killer knives in his home has been jailed for 18 months.
Cops raided the Surr Street home of Liam Pinnock, 39, in January and found a host of homemade weapons, explosives and body armour. Among the haul were zombie knives, axes, machetes.
Pinnock admitted one count of making an explosive substance for an unlawful purpose and one of attempting to do so.
Det Sgt Dan Byron from the Met’s Central North Command Unit said: “Pinnock is a dangerous individual who I believed, if not apprehended, would have inflicted serious harm on either himself or those around him.
“A large number of zombie knives, axes and machetes, along with two crudely made explosive devices, have been removed from streets, which had they been used, would have caused significant harm on the streets of London.”
You may also want to watch:
Pinnock was jailed yesterday at Blackfriars Crown Court. The crime was not terror-related.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Man left partially blind after Islington robbery
- 6 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 7 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 8 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 9 Islington and Camden charity connects generations with winter project
- 10 Royal Mail 'working hard' but Islington residents report ongoing delays