Cally man Liam Pinnock jailed for making explosives, zombie knives, axes and machetes in his home
- Credit: Archant
A Cally man who made explosive devices and killer knives in his home has been jailed for 18 months.
Cops raided the Surr Street home of Liam Pinnock, 39, in January and found a host of homemade weapons, explosives and body armour. Among the haul were zombie knives, axes, machetes.
Pinnock admitted one count of making an explosive substance for an unlawful purpose and one of attempting to do so.
Det Sgt Dan Byron from the Met’s Central North Command Unit said: “Pinnock is a dangerous individual who I believed, if not apprehended, would have inflicted serious harm on either himself or those around him.
“A large number of zombie knives, axes and machetes, along with two crudely made explosive devices, have been removed from streets, which had they been used, would have caused significant harm on the streets of London.”
You may also want to watch:
Pinnock was jailed yesterday at Blackfriars Crown Court. The crime was not terror-related.
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 3 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 4 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 5 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 6 Tony Blair joins celebration to mark 101 years of Highbury Catholic church
- 7 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 8 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 9 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 10 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?