Cally man Liam Pinnock jailed for making explosives, zombie knives, axes and machetes in his home
- Credit: Archant
A Cally man who made explosive devices and killer knives in his home has been jailed for 18 months.
Cops raided the Surr Street home of Liam Pinnock, 39, in January and found a host of homemade weapons, explosives and body armour. Among the haul were zombie knives, axes, machetes.
Pinnock admitted one count of making an explosive substance for an unlawful purpose and one of attempting to do so.
Det Sgt Dan Byron from the Met’s Central North Command Unit said: “Pinnock is a dangerous individual who I believed, if not apprehended, would have inflicted serious harm on either himself or those around him.
“A large number of zombie knives, axes and machetes, along with two crudely made explosive devices, have been removed from streets, which had they been used, would have caused significant harm on the streets of London.”
You may also want to watch:
Pinnock was jailed yesterday at Blackfriars Crown Court. The crime was not terror-related.
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 4 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 5 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 6 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 7 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents
- 8 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Parkrun returns! Hundreds get back on track across north London