Cally man Liam Pinnock jailed for making explosives, zombie knives, axes and machetes in his home
- Credit: Archant
A Cally man who made explosive devices and killer knives in his home has been jailed for 18 months.
Cops raided the Surr Street home of Liam Pinnock, 39, in January and found a host of homemade weapons, explosives and body armour. Among the haul were zombie knives, axes, machetes.
Pinnock admitted one count of making an explosive substance for an unlawful purpose and one of attempting to do so.
Det Sgt Dan Byron from the Met’s Central North Command Unit said: “Pinnock is a dangerous individual who I believed, if not apprehended, would have inflicted serious harm on either himself or those around him.
“A large number of zombie knives, axes and machetes, along with two crudely made explosive devices, have been removed from streets, which had they been used, would have caused significant harm on the streets of London.”
You may also want to watch:
Pinnock was jailed yesterday at Blackfriars Crown Court. The crime was not terror-related.
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 New nightclub Glam to open in Shoreditch in June
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 7 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 8 Charity launches new campaign to eradicate food poverty in north London
- 9 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 10 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire