Cally man Rilind Tahiri jailed for manslaughter
- Credit: Archant
A man from the Cally has been jailed for manslaughter.
Rilind Tahiri, 22, of North Road, was sentenced to 14 years at the Old Bailey yesterday.
It relates to the murder of Yasir Beshira on December 8 last year. The 21-year-old was shot in the stomach in Palmerston Road, Kilburn.
Two people – a 16-year-old boy who carried out the shooting and Sammi Tesfazgi, 21, of Lithos Road, Hampstead – were jailed for his murder.
The 16-year-old had been driven to the scene in a stolen car by Tahiri and Tesfazgi. They then waited for him to return before driving him away.
You may also want to watch:
After the shooting, Tahiri set fire to the car in a bid to destroy evidence.
Det Ch Ins Andy Partridge said: “This shocking attack was carried out during rush hour in a very busy residential location. I want to thank those members of the public who came forward to try and save Yasir after he was shot and those who greatly assisted the police investigation.”
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault