Cally man Rilind Tahiri jailed for manslaughter
- Credit: Archant
A man from the Cally has been jailed for manslaughter.
Rilind Tahiri, 22, of North Road, was sentenced to 14 years at the Old Bailey yesterday.
It relates to the murder of Yasir Beshira on December 8 last year. The 21-year-old was shot in the stomach in Palmerston Road, Kilburn.
Two people – a 16-year-old boy who carried out the shooting and Sammi Tesfazgi, 21, of Lithos Road, Hampstead – were jailed for his murder.
The 16-year-old had been driven to the scene in a stolen car by Tahiri and Tesfazgi. They then waited for him to return before driving him away.
You may also want to watch:
After the shooting, Tahiri set fire to the car in a bid to destroy evidence.
Det Ch Ins Andy Partridge said: “This shocking attack was carried out during rush hour in a very busy residential location. I want to thank those members of the public who came forward to try and save Yasir after he was shot and those who greatly assisted the police investigation.”
- 1 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 2 Archway stabbing: 16-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder
- 3 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 4 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Barnsbury homes evacuated after burst Thames Water pipe floods basements
- 7 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 10 Angel Comedy Club launches mockumentary series to save venue