Cally man Rilind Tahiri jailed for manslaughter
- Credit: Archant
A man from the Cally has been jailed for manslaughter.
Rilind Tahiri, 22, of North Road, was sentenced to 14 years at the Old Bailey yesterday.
It relates to the murder of Yasir Beshira on December 8 last year. The 21-year-old was shot in the stomach in Palmerston Road, Kilburn.
Two people – a 16-year-old boy who carried out the shooting and Sammi Tesfazgi, 21, of Lithos Road, Hampstead – were jailed for his murder.
The 16-year-old had been driven to the scene in a stolen car by Tahiri and Tesfazgi. They then waited for him to return before driving him away.
You may also want to watch:
After the shooting, Tahiri set fire to the car in a bid to destroy evidence.
Det Ch Ins Andy Partridge said: “This shocking attack was carried out during rush hour in a very busy residential location. I want to thank those members of the public who came forward to try and save Yasir after he was shot and those who greatly assisted the police investigation.”
- 1 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 2 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 3 Thornhill School's 'dream' library opens after parents' 'relentless' fundraising efforts
- 4 Islington arts groups get £6.6m government Covid boost
- 5 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 6 Campaigners debate future of Holloway Women's Building with Peabody Trust
- 7 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 8 Drugs and cash seized in multi-force police op
- 9 Bunhill by-election set to go-ahead following Claudia Webbe's resignation
- 10 Can you help identify this man?