Cally man Rilind Tahiri jailed for manslaughter
- Credit: Archant
A man from the Cally has been jailed for manslaughter.
Rilind Tahiri, 22, of North Road, was sentenced to 14 years at the Old Bailey yesterday.
It relates to the murder of Yasir Beshira on December 8 last year. The 21-year-old was shot in the stomach in Palmerston Road, Kilburn.
Two people – a 16-year-old boy who carried out the shooting and Sammi Tesfazgi, 21, of Lithos Road, Hampstead – were jailed for his murder.
The 16-year-old had been driven to the scene in a stolen car by Tahiri and Tesfazgi. They then waited for him to return before driving him away.
You may also want to watch:
After the shooting, Tahiri set fire to the car in a bid to destroy evidence.
Det Ch Ins Andy Partridge said: “This shocking attack was carried out during rush hour in a very busy residential location. I want to thank those members of the public who came forward to try and save Yasir after he was shot and those who greatly assisted the police investigation.”
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 7 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 8 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox