Camden Town stab victim named as Romeo Nkansah, of Holloway
- Credit: PA
A man who was stabbed to death in Camden High Street on Sunday morning has been named as 37-year-old Romeo Nkansah, of Holloway.
A post mortem examination held yesterday at St Pancras Mortuary found he died of a single stab wound. Next of kin have been informed.
Police and ambulances were called to the high street’s junction with Greenland Street at around 3.45am on Sunday. Mr Nkansah died later at a central London hospital.
Det Chief Insp Jamie Piscopo, who is leading the investigation, said: “I would appeal to anyone who was in the area of Camden Town underground station or the high street at the time of the stabbing to contact police. It is possible that you may have information that will help us establish what led to the murder.
“The area has a busy nightlife and I am certain that there are people who are yet to speak with officers and I would urge them to come forward. I would also like to hear from any bus drivers or taxi drivers who may have witnessed the stabbing or the minutes leading up to it.”
You may also want to watch:
Officers arrested a 20-year-old man on suspicion of murder later on Sunday. He has been bailed to a date in early July.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 020 8345 3715 or 101. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Arsenal fan's search for every Highbury Stadium match since 1940s
- 4 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 5 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 6 Designated Covid care setting celebrates intervention on insurance issues
- 7 Highbury woman launches pen pal initiative to fight lockdown loneliness
- 8 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown
- 9 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 10 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
Did you know Romeo Nkansah? If you would like to leave a tribute, call James Morris on 020 8477 3776 or email firstname.lastname@example.org