Two held over attempted knifepoint robbery in Beresford Road, Highbury – now police need to find the victim
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for the victim of an attempted knifepoint robbery last night in Beresford Road, Highbury, to contact them.
Officers were called just before 11pm by someone who claimed to have seen a young man try to steal a woman’s phone, before squaring up to someone on a motorbike.
Police were scrambled to Beresford Road but when they got there they couldn’t find either the victim or the witness who’d called them. But two young men, both of whom matched the description of the would-be robber given by the caller, ran off when officers approached them.
Shortly afterwards police arrested two youths on suspicion of attempted robbery and motor vehicle interference. One was also arrested on suspicion of assaulting a police officer.
They were this morning being held at a north London police station, but police now need to find the victim and witness who called them.
You may also want to watch:
If this is you, or if you have information about what happened, police ask that you call them on 101.
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 8 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition