Two held over attempted knifepoint robbery in Beresford Road, Highbury – now police need to find the victim
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for the victim of an attempted knifepoint robbery last night in Beresford Road, Highbury, to contact them.
Officers were called just before 11pm by someone who claimed to have seen a young man try to steal a woman’s phone, before squaring up to someone on a motorbike.
Police were scrambled to Beresford Road but when they got there they couldn’t find either the victim or the witness who’d called them. But two young men, both of whom matched the description of the would-be robber given by the caller, ran off when officers approached them.
Shortly afterwards police arrested two youths on suspicion of attempted robbery and motor vehicle interference. One was also arrested on suspicion of assaulting a police officer.
They were this morning being held at a north London police station, but police now need to find the victim and witness who called them.
You may also want to watch:
If this is you, or if you have information about what happened, police ask that you call them on 101.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 3 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 4 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 5 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 6 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 7 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 10 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park