Two held over attempted knifepoint robbery in Beresford Road, Highbury – now police need to find the victim
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for the victim of an attempted knifepoint robbery last night in Beresford Road, Highbury, to contact them.
Officers were called just before 11pm by someone who claimed to have seen a young man try to steal a woman’s phone, before squaring up to someone on a motorbike.
Police were scrambled to Beresford Road but when they got there they couldn’t find either the victim or the witness who’d called them. But two young men, both of whom matched the description of the would-be robber given by the caller, ran off when officers approached them.
Shortly afterwards police arrested two youths on suspicion of attempted robbery and motor vehicle interference. One was also arrested on suspicion of assaulting a police officer.
They were this morning being held at a north London police station, but police now need to find the victim and witness who called them.
You may also want to watch:
If this is you, or if you have information about what happened, police ask that you call them on 101.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 6 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 7 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 8 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother