Canonbury cat theft: Police release image of man wanted over theft of Mr Muk
- Credit: Archant
Police have released a CCTV image of a man wanted over the theft of a cat in Canonbury.
Mr Muk, a ginger Siberian forest moggie, was scooped up in Petherton Road and taken onto an Overground train between 8.30pm and 9pm on July 30.
The cat’s owner Izabela Minch is devastated about her pet being stolen and police are now appealing for help in identifying the man pictured.
Pc Jade Woodley said: “Theft is theft and taking someone’s pet because you like the look of them or consider them high value is a criminal offence. Call us if you recognise the man in the image.”
Mr Muk is a microchipped, neutered male, with “a weird lip” caused by a missing tooth on the upper right side of his mouth.
You may also want to watch:
Izabella says he vanished once before, only to pop up in Stevenage, Hertfordshire, a few months later.
Anyone who recognises the man or has information can call police on 101 quoting reference 2718314/18. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 3 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 6 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey