Canonbury cat theft: Police release image of man wanted over theft of Mr Muk
- Credit: Archant
Police have released a CCTV image of a man wanted over the theft of a cat in Canonbury.
Mr Muk, a ginger Siberian forest moggie, was scooped up in Petherton Road and taken onto an Overground train between 8.30pm and 9pm on July 30.
The cat’s owner Izabela Minch is devastated about her pet being stolen and police are now appealing for help in identifying the man pictured.
Pc Jade Woodley said: “Theft is theft and taking someone’s pet because you like the look of them or consider them high value is a criminal offence. Call us if you recognise the man in the image.”
Mr Muk is a microchipped, neutered male, with “a weird lip” caused by a missing tooth on the upper right side of his mouth.
You may also want to watch:
Izabella says he vanished once before, only to pop up in Stevenage, Hertfordshire, a few months later.
Anyone who recognises the man or has information can call police on 101 quoting reference 2718314/18. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 4 Stan Kroenke and the European Super League have killed Arsenal FC
- 5 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 6 ESL 'the death of what football should be about', say Arsenal fans
- 7 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
- 8 Chamber music and arts festival scheduled for Islington this summer
- 9 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 10 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed