‘It sounded like a machine gun’: Alarm as shots fired in Canonbury
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating after gunshots were fired in Canonbury last night.
Cops went to Canonbury Grove, off Canonbury Road, after being called at about 10.40pm.
No one was injured, but a spokesman said “evidence of a firearm discharge was found”.
Isabella Paterson, of nearby Northampton Street, told the Gazette: “It sounded like a machine gun, as in ‘do do do do do’.
“It sounded very close, so it freaked us out. There was a lot of commotion, with three police cars rushing by at really high speed.”
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made.
- 1 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 2 Arsenal fan's search for every Highbury Stadium match since 1940s
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 5 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 6 Highbury woman launches pen pal initiative to fight lockdown loneliness
- 7 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown
- 8 Designated Covid care setting celebrates intervention on insurance issues
- 9 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 10 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants