‘It sounded like a machine gun’: Alarm as shots fired in Canonbury
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating after gunshots were fired in Canonbury last night.
Cops went to Canonbury Grove, off Canonbury Road, after being called at about 10.40pm.
No one was injured, but a spokesman said “evidence of a firearm discharge was found”.
Isabella Paterson, of nearby Northampton Street, told the Gazette: “It sounded like a machine gun, as in ‘do do do do do’.
“It sounded very close, so it freaked us out. There was a lot of commotion, with three police cars rushing by at really high speed.”
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 3 ESL 'the death of what football should be about', say Arsenal fans
- 4 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 5 Stan Kroenke and the European Super League have killed Arsenal FC
- 6 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 7 Chamber music and arts festival scheduled for Islington this summer
- 8 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 9 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 10 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed