‘It sounded like a machine gun’: Alarm as shots fired in Canonbury
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating after gunshots were fired in Canonbury last night.
Cops went to Canonbury Grove, off Canonbury Road, after being called at about 10.40pm.
No one was injured, but a spokesman said “evidence of a firearm discharge was found”.
Isabella Paterson, of nearby Northampton Street, told the Gazette: “It sounded like a machine gun, as in ‘do do do do do’.
“It sounded very close, so it freaked us out. There was a lot of commotion, with three police cars rushing by at really high speed.”
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years