Car jackers steal cash-in-transit van in Holloway in broad daylight
- Credit: Archant
Car jackers swooped on a cash-in-transit van in Holloway yesterday afternoon, making off with a large amount of money.
Four suspects forced the 42-year-old driver of the vehicle to stop in Roman Way just before 4pm and then smashed through the windows, attacked the driver and then dragged him onto the road and stole the vehicle.
The van was then found abandoned a short distance away in Corporation Street.
Police officers from Islington attended the scene and the MPS Flying Squad are investigating. Detectives are keen to track a number of key witnesses who are believed to have captured video footage of the attack.
The suspects are described as four men aged between 18 and 22 years of age.
You may also want to watch:
Det Cons Paul Harburn from the MPS Serious and Organised Crime unit said: “This was a terrifying attack in a busy street in the middle of the day. I’m convinced there are key witnesses who can help us with our enquires.
“I would urge them and anyone else who has information to call the incident room on 0208-358-1752 or Crimestoppers anonymously 0800-555-111.”
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 6 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 7 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 8 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Statue to street cat Bob unveiled in Islington Green