Car jackers steal cash-in-transit van in Holloway in broad daylight
- Credit: Archant
Car jackers swooped on a cash-in-transit van in Holloway yesterday afternoon, making off with a large amount of money.
Four suspects forced the 42-year-old driver of the vehicle to stop in Roman Way just before 4pm and then smashed through the windows, attacked the driver and then dragged him onto the road and stole the vehicle.
The van was then found abandoned a short distance away in Corporation Street.
Police officers from Islington attended the scene and the MPS Flying Squad are investigating. Detectives are keen to track a number of key witnesses who are believed to have captured video footage of the attack.
The suspects are described as four men aged between 18 and 22 years of age.
You may also want to watch:
Det Cons Paul Harburn from the MPS Serious and Organised Crime unit said: “This was a terrifying attack in a busy street in the middle of the day. I’m convinced there are key witnesses who can help us with our enquires.
“I would urge them and anyone else who has information to call the incident room on 0208-358-1752 or Crimestoppers anonymously 0800-555-111.”
- 1 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 2 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 3 Thornhill School's 'dream' library opens after parents' 'relentless' fundraising efforts
- 4 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 5 Campaigners debate future of Holloway Women's Building with Peabody Trust
- 6 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 7 Drugs and cash seized in multi-force police op
- 8 Bunhill by-election set to go-ahead following Claudia Webbe's resignation
- 9 Can you help identify this man?
- 10 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub