Cardinals Way stabbing: Young man suffering from ‘potentially life-threatening’ injuries after Archway attack
- Credit: Archant
A young man has “potentially life-threatening” injuries after being stabbed in Archway last night.
Cops were called at about 8pm yesterday after a man was wounded in Cardinals Way.
Police and paramedics rushed to the scene and a man, aged in his teens or early 20s, is being treated for stab injuries in hospital.
A Scotland Yard spokesperson said: “His condition is potentially life-threatening; we await an update as to his condition.”
No arrests have yet been made.
You may also want to watch:
It was Islington’s second reported stabbing in 48 hours, after a man in his 40s was attacked in Stroud Green Road on Sunday morning.
There is no suggestion the two crimes are connected.
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 4 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 5 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 6 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 7 Summer in the city: 5 Things to do in Islington this weekend
- 8 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 9 Thunder and lightning could return to London on Monday
- 10 Statue to street cat Bob unveiled in Islington Green
* Update: At 11.30am a Scotland Yard spokesperson said: “The man is still in hospital but his injuries are not life threatening”.
Did you see what happened? E-mail Lucas Cumiskey at the Gazette news desk: email@example.com