Cardinals Way stabbing: Young man suffering from ‘potentially life-threatening’ injuries after Archway attack
- Credit: Archant
A young man has “potentially life-threatening” injuries after being stabbed in Archway last night.
Cops were called at about 8pm yesterday after a man was wounded in Cardinals Way.
Police and paramedics rushed to the scene and a man, aged in his teens or early 20s, is being treated for stab injuries in hospital.
A Scotland Yard spokesperson said: “His condition is potentially life-threatening; we await an update as to his condition.”
No arrests have yet been made.
You may also want to watch:
It was Islington’s second reported stabbing in 48 hours, after a man in his 40s was attacked in Stroud Green Road on Sunday morning.
There is no suggestion the two crimes are connected.
- 1 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 2 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 3 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 4 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 5 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 6 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 7 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 8 'Exceptional' heroes granted Islington's highest award, the 'Freedom of the Borough'
- 9 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 10 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
* Update: At 11.30am a Scotland Yard spokesperson said: “The man is still in hospital but his injuries are not life threatening”.
Did you see what happened? E-mail Lucas Cumiskey at the Gazette news desk: firstname.lastname@example.org