Carer in her 60s in critical condition after ‘incident’ in Holloway’s Ringcross Estate
- Credit: Archant
A carer in her 60s is fighting for her life after suffering serious head injuries at a property in Holloway’s Ringcross Estate.
The incident happened in the early hours in Papworth Gardens, off George’s Road.
The woman is believed to have been injured during the course of her duties.
There has been no suggestion she was assaulted, though police officers were at the property this afternoon.
She works for London Care’s Holloway branch in Seven Sisters Road.
You may also want to watch:
A staff member told the Gazette this morning: “We are in the process of our own investigation so I cannot discuss anything further at the moment.”
A London Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: “We were called at 4.15am today to Papworth Gardens, to reports of an incident. We sent two ambulance crews. We treated one person at the scene and took them to hospital as a priority.”
- 1 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
- 2 Meet Islington's 2021 civic award winners
- 3 Finsbury Park drugs misuse centre put into special measures
- 4 Islington Council urges: 'Raise repairs before Partners hands back homes'
- 5 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 6 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 7 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 8 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 9 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 10 Music production school leaves Abbey Road for move to Angel Studios
A Met Police spokesman said: “We were called at 7.10am today to a north London hospital after London Ambulance Service attended a woman suffering from head injuries. “The woman, who is in her 60s, remains in a critical condition. Her next of kin have been informed. At this stage, it’s believed she sustained her injuries at a residential address in Islington.
“There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.”
London Care’s Holloway branch provides personal care and support to people living in their own homes, or in supported living schemes.
As of April last year, when its last Care Quality Commission report was published, there were 397 people using the service.
The service was rated “requires improvement”, which is third on a scale of four.