CCTV image of suspects fleeing Canonbury murder on moped
- Credit: Archant
Pictures of suspected killer and his accomplice captured seconds after Stefan Appleton was stabbed
CCTV images of a murder suspect and his accomplice fleeing the scene of the stabbing in Canonbury on Wednesday have been released.
The image shows the passenger who is believed to have stabbed 18-year-old Stefan Appleton several times with a machete turning into Ashby Grove from Arran Walk just seconds after the attack took place at about 6pm.
Stefan, who had been in Nightingale Park with friends, was taken to a north London hospital where he was pronounced dead at 7.45pm.
From Ashby Grove the moped then road out on to Essex Road.
You may also want to watch:
The moped is small and dark in colour. It was displaying a learner plate which was located under a square vehicle registration plate. The moped also has a small Perspex visor.
Detective Chief Inspector Chris Jones, leading the investigation for the Homicide and Major Crime Command, said: “We are releasing this image in the hope that it will jog a memory or prick someone’s conscious, to coming forward and providing information that will assist us in finding Stefan’s killer(s).
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Run Kids Run: Huge fun run raises £40,000 for Islington primary schools
- 3 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 4 'Help! I found a lizard in my luggage after my holiday'
- 5 'We're angry': London councillors demand Met tackles violence to women
- 6 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 7 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 8 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 9 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 10 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
“The investigation is moving at a fast pace and we are grateful for the assistance we have received so far, but I would urge everyone to look at the image and call the incident room if they recall seeing it driving erratically on the day of the murder.
“I would also appeal to anyone who knows who rides or uses a moped like this to call us. Where is it now? Has it been parked or stored somewhere?”
Witnesses or anyone with information are asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3734 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.