CCTV of robbers who stabbed footballers in Islington
Police have released CCTV of robbers who stabbed two teenagers and then called one of the victim’s mum bragging about the assault.
Detectives hope the footage will help identify the suspects involved in the attack in Lofting Road, Islington, on March 23.
A group of between four or five on bikes cycled onto the pitch and stole mobile phones from two boys, both aged 16, who were playing football.
One of the footballers suffered a stab wound to the chest area and the other was stabbed in his leg – however both made a full recovery. A third victim, also aged 16, was robbed but not injured.
Video of the incident, which occurred around 4pm, shows the gang cycling off towards Liverpool Road.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer Detective Constable Amakai Kefas said: “Two males from the group stabbed two of the victims without any provocation in what would seem a senseless attack. The CCTV images show the suspects as they make off after the assaults. One suspect callously called the victim’s mum on the stolen phone to tell her that her son had been stabbed. I am confident that someone out there will recognise them. If you think you know any of these suspects you can contact police in the strictest confidence.”
The suspects are described as black and mixed race boys aged between 16 and 19 and wearing dark clothing.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 8 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 9 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
All of them were on mountain bikes. One is described as black, 6 ft tall, of a thin build with ear length dreadlocks. At the time he wore a black coat and grey Adidas jogging bottoms
Anyone with information that can help this investigation should call Islington Robbery Squad on 020 7421 0246 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.