CCTV released after pensioner suffers fractured hip in New Year’s Eve attack outside Archway McDonalds
- Credit: Archant
A pensioner has spent six weeks in hospital after being punched in the face by a violent thug outside McDonalds in Archway on New Year’s Eve.
Detectives have released CCTV of a man they want to speak to over the attack, which left the 79-year-old with a fractured hip and a serious cut on his head.
The victim and the attacker had exchanged words inside the fast-food restaurant in Highgate Hill before the attacker left. The victim followed in the same direction, towards Holloway Road, and two metres from the door he was punched and fell to the ground.
The attacker then ran off towards Holloway Road and Archway Underground Station. The man police want to speak to is white, of average build and aged between 30 and 40. He has short dark hair with a receding hairline.
Det Con Darren Burt said: “This appears to have been a completely unprovoked attack on an innocent man, whose life may now be changed forever due to his injuries.
“Over a month later, the victim is still in hospital following hip surgery. We urge anyone who recognises this man or has any information to come forward and contact police.”
Anyone with information can contact police on 101 quoting CAD 4091/31 December.
- 1 40 firefighters called to scene as Highbury flat damaged
- 2 Gunners pub back open for Premier League climax
- 3 Man accused of sexual assaults in Camden and Islington bailed
- 4 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 5 New community mural painted by residents unveiled in Stoke Newington
- 6 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
- 7 Fast food chain Leon launches 80th restaurant in Angel
- 8 Call for fuel payment machines in Hackney and Islington
- 9 'Staffing crisis' means children's hospice cannot offer end of life care
- 10 Boy, 13, arrested after teenager stabbed in Canonbury
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org